Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default 2005 rhd XC70

I feel like a complete idiot. I have read the posts to silence my siren unit - the alarm is on the blink - and want to remove fuse 38. Cant find the fuse box in the passenger compartment under steering or glove box. I have removed the snap on dash end panels and found spare fuses with fuse puller tool and one fuse box numbered up to 19. Can anyone tell me where the missing fuse box is and how to disable the siren until I can get it into the workshop please?

PS There is a fuse 38 in cargo space but when removed the dash message was guard removed. Did nothing for the alarm siren so I replaced it.

At present I seemed to have disable the alarm and locked the car by some strange combination of locking and unlocking with the remote but dont know how long this will provide welcome peace.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

For MYs 05-07, the fuse for the siren control module is located at position #8 in the fuse box under the steering column.

Hi Art
    Sounds really unlikely but I took off the panel under the steering column. There is no fuse box in this location on the right hand drive version in the UK. Am I missing something here?
    Best John

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by jcpreston22 View Post
    Hi Art
    Sounds really unlikely but I took off the panel under the steering column. There is no fuse box in this location on the right hand drive version in the UK. Am I missing something here?
    Best John
    Hi John,

I'm not familiar with the fuse locations on your side of the pond but according to this UK forum, it's also in the same location for RHD models. When you dropped the sound proof panel, did you actually look directly underneath? The diagram in that thread was taken directly out of the owner's manual and fuse position 8 is designated 'siren'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12