Default Left front bearing-like noise

My ’99 V70XC with 48K miles has been gradually developing a bearing-like noise from the (seemingly) left front of the car, which is exacerbated when making right turns. The faster and/or sharper the turn, the more pronounced the noise. Applying the brakes under these conditions has little effect on the symptom.

I’ve seen reference in this forum before about such a symptom but I wasn’t able to pick the right term to search to find an answer. I recall it having to do with the drivetrain but maybe someone could point me in the right direction? I have yet to crawl under the car to inspect but knowing what to look for goes a long way in building my confidence level when I do or alternatively, taking it to the dealer.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tony

You probably need a new left front wheel bearing.
    If you can jack up that side, here's a simple test;

Jack up that side. With one hand spin the front tire while reaching over the tire with your other hand and placing/laying your fingers on the top two spring coils. (you don't have to spin it fast just rotate it)
    If the wheel bearing is bad you should be able to feel a very slight vibration/feeling in the spring.

To confirm, jack up the good side and try the same test, there should be no vibrations whatsoever.
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

The wheel bearing makes sense and is a logical place to start looking. Were this one of my older English cars, that would have been my first thought. But on a newer vehicle with low mileage? Is this a problem that is not uncommon?

And thanks for the suggestion.

Volvo wheel bearings fail all the time and at times even with very low mileage.
    Do not buy aftermarket, those are even worse quality!
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)