Default Quiet Long Lasting Tires?

Finally necessary to replace my original Continental 235/55 R17 tires. I am one of those crazy folks that lives in Florida w/an xc70 (had a 4matic wagon for years and just like the AWD). Anyway I really like the Continentals and have gotten 36K on them already so they have worn well for me, but I was wondering if there are any experiences with other tires from this knowledgeable group where winter weather is not really a factor. As stated the continentals are reasonably quiet and look good, but perhaps it is over kill (and I wouldn't mind saving a couple of dollars. THX all!

Quote Originally Posted by flacc View Post
    Finally necessary to replace my original Continental 235/55 R17 tires. I am one of those crazy folks that lives in Florida w/an xc70 (had a 4matic wagon for years and just like the AWD). Anyway I really like the Continentals and have gotten 36K on them already so they have worn well for me, but I was wondering if there are any experiences with other tires from this knowledgeable group where winter weather is not really a factor. As stated the continentals are reasonably quiet and look good, but perhaps it is over kill (and I wouldn't mind saving a couple of dollars. THX all!
    As you don't need the M+S (Mud & Snow) down there then you might like to consider KUMHO as an alternative.

I had a set on an XC70 and found them very quite with a good wear rate.

Quote Originally Posted by flacc View Post
    I got Yokohama S drive. They are summer performance tires and can tell you that so far are behaving quite well.

In Europe we have Continental Sport Contact 5 very good tire :
    http://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/w...ontact-5p.html
    It seems similar your Extreme contact but i don't know the specification
    Regretting :

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    As you don't need the M+S (Mud & Snow) down there then you might like to consider KUMHO as an alternative.

I had a set on an XC70 and found them very quite with a good wear rate.
    Also since you are based in US did you check TireRack for tires? They have lots of reviews for each tire you might be looking for and the delivery for mainland US is quite affordable. They also can deliver to a local shop, so you just go there and they'll mount them for you.