Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My bad!! Sorry, the software has to be downloaded/ordered (and paid for), and installed. Hence the need to visit the dealer. VIDA doesn't store the software...it has to be ordered through the program and that requires a subscription (which has stipulations). It's extremely proprietary. It's probably for the better anyway. In the wrong hands things could get messy. I actually replaced an ETM on an '04 XC70 today. I tried to start it and it cranked for a good 30 seconds, it started and immediately quit as if the key had been turned off. So, that's totally undriveable.....loaded the software, hit the key, and that's all - done!! Runs like a top!!

Dave.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

Do you know what is required to be able to download the proper software to the vehicle?
    A proper subscription, the latest VIDA software update (which we just had installed 2 days ago), a DICE unit, maintainer. I'm not sure what the DICE clones are capable of but I do know there is also a firmware update (that just showed up today) ready to go for ours at work. Looks like you're stuck with seeking a higher power.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    A proper subscription, the latest VIDA software update (which we just had installed 2 days ago), a DICE unit, maintainer. I'm not sure what the DICE clones are capable of but I do know there is also a firmware update (that just showed up today) ready to go for ours at work. Looks like you're stuck with seeking a higher power.

Dave.
    The clones will accept the firmware updates which are also available off the Volvo website. Or I should say, my clone accepted the last firmware update as I just read here about the latest.

Dave, are you working at the dealer now? If so, can I request you if I come up for a TCM update?

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Thanks for the info Dave.

Regards

Dave, are you working at the dealer now? If so, can I request you if I come up for a TCM update?
    I can neither confirm nor deny that.

Asking for me may or may not be the best thing in my situation (my boss may not take too kindly - I have to stay somewhat "distanced" from forum speak at work), although I'm flattered that you said that! I would certainly like to meet you, by all means, but a TCM update would most likely go to Mike, the top Volvo tech in the shop. He just did one, 2 weeks ago, on an '01 from Ontario that still had the stop neutral programming in it!! I know what the latest software feels like in transmission performance, and it's nice, but I still like what came in my '02 and the way it shifts. When you come, just come 'round the shop entrance and you might see me across from the Coke machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Yes, you will have to pay a visit to the dealer for adaptation of the electronic throttle unit. The engine won't start without the software loading.

Dave.
    Guys,

I need to replace my throttle body and I was wondering if there is any difference between the BOSCH throttle body and the one sold at the Volvo dealer, beside price, will the BOSCH work just fine? it's about $200 cheaper than Volvo dealer part.

Will the dealer be able to program BOSCH throttle? or will he tell me to buy it from them directly?

thanks

Same thing just no "blue box"
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Same thing just no "blue box"
    JRL,

someone told me this BOSCH doesn't need software upgrade, reset all codes and plug it in and turn the ignition for 2 minutes and it will re-initialize itself and some said (including the vendor) the dealer will need to upgrade the software on this unit otherwise the engine won't start.

what do you think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12