Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    wezo00 Guest

Thanks a lot! So with 15mm or 20mm spacers it should good for both sets of mags (Thor & Orpheus).

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by wezo00 View Post
    Thanks a lot! So with 15mm or 20mm spacers it should good for both sets of mags (Thor & Orpheus).
    For the Heico wheels, 15mm spacers provide roughly 5-6mm of clearance between the front calipers and spokes and 10mm of clearance at the rear.

Art, just came onto this old thread and wanted to ask, after installation how did the brakes feel compared to your OEM's? Were they as responsive as hoped for? I had installed OPD stainless braided brake cables in hopes of losing some of the "sponginess" but am disappointed by the small improvement.
    07 XC - Ruby Red/Taupe/Touring, Climate & Prem. pkgs

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

I never actually considered doing the brake upgrade until I came across a full set of R calipers that were reasonably priced which sealed the deal. Overall, I'm quite pleased with how all of the components perform. That additional pair of pistons has a great effect on pedal feel and modulation compared to the stock calipers...much stiffer, harder and more confident. The Hawk pads also create less dust which I found was really quite annoying with the oe pads. Wheel choice is a factor for proper spoke clearance to accommodate the R calipers. eg. OE or replica Pegasus wheels are simply bolt on without the requirement of spacers.

I'm very happy with the 302mm Centric rotors and Akebono Euro Ceramics on my T5. Cost effective and with the calipers painted black look presentable behind Pegs.
    2003 V70 T5 Geartronic--196k and counting
    2012 C30 T5 R-Design M66 Polestar tune

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123