Default 1998 V70 R Tips?

Tomorrow, I'm looking at '98 V70 R with 132000 miles on the odometer. Salvage title (no problem for me - my current and most recent previous daily driver's have been salvage cars). The guy's asking $3100.00, but it needs rear latch, master window switch, new tires, probably timing belt replacement. I'm thinking (without having seen it, yet) that this is a $1500 - $2000 car.

Comments (even those that might a snide), tips, opinions welcome.

WAY WAY WAY too much.
    Not even worth that, this is a $1000 car tops with a salvage title
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

I would agree with JRL. If it is clean and your really really want it maybe go a couple hundred more, but do not spend anywhere near his asking price

'05 XC70
    -Pioneer Avic F700bt headunit
    -12 inch Alpine Type R Sub
    -Flat Black Pegs
    -Custom Tinted Windows
    -Custom Mesh Grille
    -OBX Catback Exhaust
    -IPD Silicone Hoses

Thanks, guys. That's all I needed to know. Sounded way too high to me, too. I don't know the shop that rebuilt it, and there're too many other unknowns, as well.

I also have a 98 V70R and as I was looking at the local classified adds in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada yesterday evening, there were two "Rs" for sale between 1000.00 - 1500.00. Yes they both needed work but they were not salvaged cars either without indication of major repairs. As mentioned, way too much, negotiate and enjoy your new ride.

Default Not Even $1000.00

I finally got around to driving the R this afternoon. In addition to the other problems, a garage receipt with the car notes it needs boots in front and recommends removal of rear drive-shaft to reduce stress upon the angle gear. The air conditioner does not blow cold - the compressor clutch, I think it's called, constantly engages and disengages, if that's the right terminology. That said, the shop did a good job with the body, as far as I could see, and the motor seemed to run fine. Handling was a little funky in front, and also in the rear - felt like the wheels were holding the curve at speed, but the body felt like it shifted slightly on the frame. Again, my vocabulary may be inadequate to describe what I perceived, but something was not right. I could not bring myself to make even a low-ball offer.

Jim, if I get serious about buying a replacement for my 850, I'll send you an email.

P.S. Thanks for the replies. C.

Body Shop?
    What body shop?
    It's like you started this thread in the middle, not a clue to what you're talking about

2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

I mentioned in my original post that the wagon has a salvage title. The rebuilder is a Chattanooga, Tennessee body shop/reseller specializing in Volvos and Volkswagens - that is something I don't think I mentioned in the original post, but salvage-title implies, to me, a rebuilder or body shop. I can see how it might not, but it shouldn't be a big leap. Upon inspecting and driving the R wagon, I found the shop, that is, the Chattanooga rebuilder, had done a reasonably good job on the body.

Salvage can also mean an over 30 day theft recovery