Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

hmmm cant find that other wire ....
    2012 Ford Fusion 2004 V70XC 01 V70XC -M66 1998 C70 T5-M66

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled Man View Post
    If it doesnt start over the next two weeks just going to part it out and drop everything in the saffron and buy another wagon ... a bit annoyed but what ever.
    I bet you can sell it to enthusiast who is eager to finish the work (most hard part is done anyway) and enjoy riding the car with stick.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Still cant get it to start ...... stupid wagon

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Still cant get it to start ...... stupid wagon

I trust you have a wiring schematic such as the one attached to know which wires to fiddle with - I find it interesting the the gear position sw (neutral safety) is not shown. 8/37 is decribed as a "automatic solenoid" - Perhaps if you ground the yellow wire going to the transmission connector the CEM will think it is in park (or neutral). Or for fun you could jump the switched side of the starter relay (2/35) 7/123 is the clutch inhibitor switch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails starter.JPG  

Chilled Man, I hope that you haven't given up on this. I can imagine that it is frustrating, but you managed to put a 5 speed in a long time ago. You'll get it to work eventually.

With the 2014s out now, I've been trying really hard not to trade my XC and my Scion tC in for a new XC60. For now I think I want to hold on to the cars but I'm starting to have issues with my XC's transmission again and it may have developed an issue with the ETM so I'm weighing the costs of keeping the XC vs selling it. If keeping it, I would hope to do the 6 speed conversion some time in the near future.
    2014 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Sport: Stock for now
    2009 Scion tC 5M: True Ram-Air with K&N Filter, JVTR Header, Raceland Exhaust with AR25 Resonator, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood and Hatch, HIDs.
    1998 Olds Cutlass GLS 4A: K&N Short Ram, P&P TB, Custom Exhaust, Enkei MM2 Ultralight 18's.
    1997 Suzuki Sidekick JLX Sport: 3 inch Lift with Long Travel Shocks, larger tires, and Dash mounted CB Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled Man View Post
    [URL=http://s267.photobucket.com/user/R410a/media/Silver%2001V70XC/null_zps85cfaf8c.jpg.html]

Napa boned me on sending the wrong axle .... doh .

Left to right - 01 XC axle , 2004 V70R Axle , 1998 AWD but wrong type of connection axle.
    oh well.

Top to bottom
    01XC minus hub part axle
    01T5M axle
    01XC AWD Axle
    98 AWD Axle

If you notice the end part on the 01 T5M and the 01XC are the same I need that on the 98 and you can see its more round and that would of required changing the boot which I am not interested in doing....

Next weekend Just need to get some tranny fluid and I will be golden !
    I am very keen on having hybrid axle's just like yours, Chilled Man, to put on my 04 V70R (M66) when I lift it with XC parts and BADSwede springs. But I need some help, I am confused about where specifically you separated each axle to get the necessary parts match for the final shaft. And really what the part makeup of the final "franken-shaft" would even be.

As I understand it:
    Right side (longer shaft) - From 98 AWD, need the shaft from the transmission to the bearing that is held in the sub-frame of the car, not the expansion joint.
    From 01+ XC, need everything from the expansion joint, after the bearing, to the wheel -hub bolt. Includes both joints.

Left Side Short-shaft): From 98 AWD, transmission side shaft to expansions joint.
    From 01 XC+, everything from expansion joint to wheel hub.

I want to be able to tell the CV shop exactly what I need so dont have to go blow cash and time experimenting. Im hoping Chilled Man can set me straight but ill take advice from anywhere. Thanks in advance!

I also REEEAAAAALLLYYYY want to see this happen! Did it ever work out?? Also what did you finally do to make the axles work?

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this for a reason.
    Last weekend while pumping gas near my buddies' house in San Diego, I randomly met/chatted with a guy who has a 02' XC70 which he's sucessfully swapped to a manual, and had the ECU remapped somewhere in Oregon.

Got his contact info, but have been WAY busy with college midterms to hit him back.

Anyhow, we're looking into doing the same exact thing over winter break or next summer on the '02 xc70, which has it's 2nd tranny about to fail again soon...

Default Hey guys, this is the finished product.

Looks like chilled man is busy but here's the rest of his project. Hope this helps.
    http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-updates-01-XC

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast