Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There is a theory the HD TCVs makes no difference.

Many people (me included) experienced replacing HD TCV with no difference and replace the top 2 of the 3 hoses with silicon and got performance.

You might just try to replace the 2 hoses to silicon with the stock TCV and see what happens Here is a discussion

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20331
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

Hey Howard,
    Thanks for the input. I saw that thread when I got JRL's response in this thread earlier, suggesting the TCV might be worth investigating.

Since my hesitation woes seem to be put to rest for now, my plan is to replace the Intercooler hose & coupler with silicone (they're pretty oil degraded) and do to TCV lines with silicone (I'm kinda looking forward to all that spiffy blue stuff under the hood ) and see if I notice anything. I'll wait on a new TCV as I really hate to be a frivolous parts replacer.

I'm hoping to redo the turbo drain line seal (I'm getting a fairly good coating of oil on my Haldex and belly pan) and that CBV while I'm at it. Might be a bit too ambitious to do it all at once as my assistant is 3 years old and doesn't have much of an attention span .
    Guy Welch
    2004 XC70 90K miles
    Ash Gold Metallic/Oak
    English Shepherd option installed in rear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12