Default Terribad Gas Mileage

I can't figure this car out, I have replaced/fixed all the issues that pop up recently yet my miles per gallon has continued to plummet. I'm currently sitting around 9-10 mpg. So I come to you guys for possible ideas as to why it would/could be so low.

When I bought it a little over a year ago it was averaging 16-17 in the city, and that was with a bad tranny. Now after a new tranny, MAF, and on time tranny fluid and oil changes. The only thing I can think of that still needs to be possible fixed; was when the CEL showed low circuit on the MAF it also showed low circuit on the front O2 sensor, but once the computer reset it self after the MAF install it hasn't thrown anymore codes nor are there any stored.

Few extra details, it's a 1998 XC with 191k on it, it's been changed over to FWD, and the front tires aren't in great shape and probably due for replacement in the next month or so, I do get white smoke/exhaust on startup for a little bit but it has always done that.

Any ideas gentlemen? I am stumped and frustrated.

I had the same poor fuel mileage a few years ago on my '98. After swapping the MAF and O2 sensors without curing the problem, I finally traced the problem to the fuel rail damper. Bingo!
    Hope this is your solution as well. Good luck.
    2010 XC70 3.2 Caper Green, PCC, BLIS, premium package, climate package.
    1998 V70XC 250K+, driven every day.
    1987 240DL wagon. Gone, but not forgotten.

I'm hopefully changing out the front O2 sensor this weekend. We'll see if that makes a difference at all.

Any good way to track down a fuel rail damper issue?

Terribad?
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Yes sir, terribad, it's one level below terrible on the scale of badness. Just above garbage.