Default Nav lockouts...?

New guy here...considering a '12 XC-70.

Does the OEM Nav (and Nav-based entertainment) system for Volvo impose lock-outs of functionality when in motion, including iPod usage?

Most European cars allow full functionality after accepting an "I agree" acknowledgement when the car is started, but my local dealer seems ignorant of the issue.

I did a forum-wide search on "Navigation" and no one seems to be asking or talking about this issue...perhaps because it's a non-issue?

Thanks.

Oh, I'll probably do a test-drive later today and try to find out for myself (with wife in car, manipulating destination and perhaps even bring the iPod to plug in).
    LEP

The NAV DVD playback feature will be disabled when the gear position D is selected. That is, no movie playback allowed on the 7" inch screen when underway.

Playing/streaming music via iPod, iPhone, USB memory stick is in no way stopped when underway nor is the hands-free Bluetooth phone connection.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Thanks for this, Barry.

What about changing destinations for the Nav itself, or scrolling through albums on an iPod while in motion?

I'm talking about hands-on operations, BTW, and not hands-free where you have to memorize a bunch of commands.
    LEP

SENSUS has changed a lot of the lockouts. Nav is voice commandable in motion but I can't remember if I tried screen or wheel controls in motion.

Did the test drive...no lock-outs...good deal.

I did not realize that the voice commands for the navigation functions have prompts, which is nice. The iPod functions are all manual (as expected), but all are available when you're in-motion.

Put down a deposit on a '12 T6.

Happy.
    LEP

Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
    Did the test drive...no lock-outs...good deal.

I did not realize that the voice commands for the navigation functions have prompts, which is nice. The iPod functions are all manual (as expected), but all are available when you're in-motion.

Put down a deposit on a '12 T6.

Happy.
    LEP... Congratulations... I get mine end of April hopefully.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Quote Originally Posted by barrysharp View Post
    LEP... Congratulations... I get mine end of April hopefully.
    Thanks.

I'm hopeful you'll be posting photos later this month!

I made that deposit on March 24th, and my dealership is now saying July-delivery, more than 3 months...seems like a long stretch of time.
    LEP

Pretty standard for what you ordered now that everyone and their brother is custom ordering. Be aware that, at least according to some conversations on Swedespeed, some of the Sensus updates have changed what is locked out while moving.
    2007 Volvo XC70 | Silver / Black | Premium & Climate Packages, Steel Cargo Barrier, Cargo Cover, Trailer Hitch, Parrot Bluetooth, USA SPEC iPod Adapter, 4-Way Pioneer Door Speakers