Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Ipd usa

Here is what IPD told me:

We do not have upgrades for the normally aspirated (non-turbo) cars.

Ken Pruett
    Customer Service & Returns
    ipd
    P: 503-257-7500 x 129
    F: 503-257-7596
    E: [email protected]

Just confirms what you are getting from everyone else in this thread. Did RICA give you any sort of estimate on power gains or anything? I feel like it would be a complete waste of money.
    2007 Volvo XC70 | Silver / Black | Premium & Climate Packages, Steel Cargo Barrier, Cargo Cover, Trailer Hitch, Parrot Bluetooth, USA SPEC iPod Adapter, 4-Way Pioneer Door Speakers

Nice writeup for the MY2012 XC70 T6 with Polestar...

http://www.swedespeed.com/artman2/pu...star_Tune.html
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Here are two other articles which are relevant. Originally found the top one on SS today.

http://magazine.windingroad.com/issue/80/
    http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...ign/index.html

Thread on SS: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...s-Volvo-models
    2007 Volvo XC70 | Silver / Black | Premium & Climate Packages, Steel Cargo Barrier, Cargo Cover, Trailer Hitch, Parrot Bluetooth, USA SPEC iPod Adapter, 4-Way Pioneer Door Speakers

Wink Stop bashing the 3.2

So, back to the original question, the naturally aspirated 3.2 performance upgrade. For roughly $1,000 USD, you can get the RICA tuning. By looking at their website, you can see that what you would get that would be most noticable to the naked eye is some increase in torque at the low end of rpms, which is generally where you are at when tooling along going to the dentist or to work or to buy a bunch of bags of potting soil. I don't think bashing the 3.2 by some turbo lovers is necessary. I've had mine for about 3.5 yrs and I think it is just fine. Does it have the same get up and sprint as the turbo charged polestar? No. So stop comparing it, it is apples and oranges. Can I merge on the highway doing 65 mph by the end of the on- ramp? Yes. Can I haul a bunch of groceries? Yes. Can I make it over the Rockies on a scary snowy/icy road just before they close the pass? Yes. Can I haul a bunch of camping gear with kayaks on top and bikes on the back and still merge on the highway at 65mph? (Yes, I just don't do it in front of speeding trucks. 0-60 times aren't that important to me, since I try to get a running start whenever I possible!)
    I did the K&N, it made a difference. I don't have it in at the moment because they took it out at the dealership and put in a nice clean stock filter because it the K&N was super dirty and I hadn't cleaned it in a while. I have seriously thought about the RICA tune and I don't see any reason not to do it except that I'm thinking of selling it and don't want to invest in it any further. So stop bashing the 3.2, get a polestar tuned T-6 and leave us naturally aspirated people alone!
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K

And another thing for you newbies who just blew in on the turbo bandwagon: in 2008, the non-turbo 3.2 was the only engine available. So bashing it against your 2012 turbo polestar is ridiculous.
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K

Can anyone please tell me Differences our 08xc70 and our newer 010xc70?
    engine ?
    transmission shifting lever moves harder than 08?
    The seating seems to be postitioned differently in the 010 vs the 08. Like the whole chassis and drivers cage is lower to the road Strange but good?
    anything Else need to know about 010 year? that i should get done with the safe and secure?
    Tak Ingemar

Default T6 Engine Swap

Quote Originally Posted by mader$ View Post
    My 2008 XC 70 3.2 (gas) just passed 50K miles and is now off warranty. I am interested in tweaking the engine performance a bit. So far, I have purchased a K&N filter from IPD Volvo. They have not replied to an email from me about what else they might have available (e.g. chip, software). I live in Portland and could easily leave it at their shop (near Portland Airport).

I see there is an older posting on the RICA chip but no recent comments or feedback. I emailed them because I live on the West Coast and they only list 3 Northeastern US dealers and have not heard back. There are also a few postings on the XC90 site but nothing very recent or compelling. Someone had mentioned an upgrade you can get if you order a new car from the factory (Polestar?) or maybe from the dealer and I need to follow up, if others have have experience with this.

I probably do not want to do manifolds or exhaust but would be very interested in what others have tried. I have also never tried premium gas-maybe that would be the least expensive way to go!

Thank you in advance to all.
    Is it possible to simply swap the engine with the T6? Does anyone know what is needed? new ECU? reprogram keys? new transmission? new exhaust pipe??? Please advise. The engine pulled from a junk car sells for $1k with the turbo...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123