Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    3,877

    Default

    Stock tires are 215/65R16 (not 205/65R16). So, the 235/60R16 are identical in circumference (you can do the math, or use an on-line calculator)...the on-line calculator may have given the 0.3% result...but different brands in the same size will vary by more than that...

    However, the new tires are roughly 10% wider. Wider tires will have a higher rolling resistance. Tread design also contributes to rolling resisitance, and that may be contributory...

    Finally, your left foot is the greatest determinant in MPG, and you've already admitted to being more "spirited"...
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (100K, Michelin AS3+, M1 0W40)
    2002 V70-XC (238K, Castrol Edge 0W40)
    2002 V70-T5 (195K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (76K)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Windy Manitoba
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post

    Finally, your left foot is the greatest determinant in MPG
    Only if you drag the brake with your left foot while driving....

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post
    Stock tires are 215/65R16 (not 205/65R16). So, the 235/60R16 are identical in circumference (you can do the math, or use an on-line calculator)...the on-line calculator may have given the 0.3% result...but different brands in the same size will vary by more than that...

    However, the new tires are roughly 10% wider. Wider tires will have a higher rolling resistance. Tread design also contributes to rolling resisitance, and that may be contributory...

    Finally, your left foot is the greatest determinant in MPG, and you've already admitted to being more "spirited"...
    I stand corrected. I assumed the wrong stock tire size.
    Left foot...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    121

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
    Only if you drag the brake with your left foot while driving....
    sometimes I have the radio up loud and my left foot taps along to the music... I'll have to check that out and run some numbers...
    Thor - 2004 XC70 (225k and going strong!)
    Gunnar - 2013 C30 T5 - Traded in on...
    Ty - 2013 S60 R-Design!!

    Yeah, I guess I'm a Volvo guy... ;-)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    3,877

    Default

    OK, OK...I should have said "right foot"...the risk of watching TV while blogging/typing...so, now, I stand corrected...you know what I meant...
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (100K, Michelin AS3+, M1 0W40)
    2002 V70-XC (238K, Castrol Edge 0W40)
    2002 V70-T5 (195K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (76K)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiasedWaffles View Post
    I was just joking, its as if every auto forum I visit people exagerate and say, "yeah, my Western Star truck gets 70 MPG when Im doing a cart wheel and driving with my elbow"
    Lmao I've seen that on Tacoma forums hahaha but those guys are like "omg my Tacoma is like 4x the truck an f150 is with half the size" I sit there like uhhh...what?
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •