Question Rear parking sensor not working

Hi,

I have a 2006 XC70 with rear parking assist. It just stopped working the other day after I turned the car off and went to start off again. The message system says it needs servicing...anyone have any ideas of what I might try to do before I have to take it to the dealer? Thanks.

Default rear parking sensors V70my2006

Hi, have V70D5my06 and this parking assistant problem last year. A volvo enabled obdII (=bsr) reader was able to say which of the 4 sensors were bad. I replaced two and the parking assistant started working again.

I also opened one broken sensor and found out that the design is low quality with very thin leads not lasting continuous vibration. Same german sensors are used in many makes.

New sensor had different pn as originals perhaps better quality? cost 80€ each.
    Car colour painted only available from stealer
    br Tapsa

Thanks for the information...Is it possible for me to install one of these sensors once I find out which one is kaput?

Default rear parking sensor replacement, diy

Hi,
    it's clearly a diy job if you have the garage, time and patience.
    -4 nuts from inside and removing of rear pumper, taking it into two parts and you have the access to sensors and their wire connectors
    - much of cleaning the parts for propper reinstallation of plastic clips etc
    - don't forget the antenna wire
    br tapsa

Default Rear Parking Sensor Part # 2006 XC70

I have the same issue with my 2006 XC70. I am getting a message about the park assist failure. I had the car at the dealer a month ago for something else. I asked them to look at the park assist. They said their check showed that sensor # 3 had failed. I plan to replace myself but need to know the part number for this sensor. Can anyone provide this part number to me?

Thanks,
    Scott

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Part number for the rear sensor is 30668100.

Default Parking Sensor Part #

Thanks for the quick response to my part number inquiry.

England Republic of Yorkshire (God's own County!)

Yes I replaced one of the sensors last weekend, part cost me £65.00 (UK) from Volvo. Tricky job getting the rear bumper off and dismantling all the tough plastic mouldings but worth it. Took me and my son about 5 hours complete, but we do work slowly. Got some good info' off Vadis CDs we got over ebay, so avoided dropping the 4 long tubes with nuts on into the body shell. Used blue-tac in the socket to stop them accidentally dropping out of the socket when replacing. Trouble is, although my rear parking sensors are now working well, my HU 805 CD player has got muddled up as I had to disconnect the battery, and it's now just making chuntering noises and displaying CD ERROR, radio still works fine. Upsetting as CD player multichanger was working fine before I discconnected the battery - anyone any ideas how to reset it?