Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Hi Barry,

Seems like I could be causing a bit of a storm on Slow Cookers for Fishermen across the 'Pond'!

Must admit that the wattage seems incredibly high, but then again it is a 12v DC Unit.

To be honest a cooker running on Mains voltage (240V) over here is usually cheaper than one designed for the "Camping Industry" and looking online I found a 3.5Ltr which is around twice the size of the one we currently have for £19 ($28).

Knowing that you can get things cheaper over there I would be very tempted to go for a Mains (110v) unit and use a 12v to 110v Inverter with it, while the wattage of the Inverter would be matched to the slow cooker with say a 25% additional start up 'surge factor' added if you follow me.

Even if the engine in the boat is running slow, I think you would find more than enough power (amps) coming out of it to run a slow cooker as well as everything else.

You could always total up all the Lights & Electronic Devices on the boat in terms of Wattage then divide that by 12v to give you the Amps that you need to run them but this assumes they are all turned on at the same time, which I doubt is the case!

Good luck, but I look forward to seeing the pictures of a very nice Curry being cooked in a Force 9 Gale as you 'ride it out'!

WOW! That could bring a few tears to the eyes!

P.s. Green Curries are not allowed!
    Last edited by XCovlov70; 03-03-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Modified text

England Republic of Yorkshire (God's own County!)

Nice account!
    Last summer we drove from West Yorkshire England round via Holland, Germany, Denmark and on into Norway to Stavanger to see the fijords, pulling a hefty 4 berth Bailey Pegasus2 Verona caravan with our 06 XC70. Lovely drive, car didn't put a foot wrong even towing the van on hairy mountain roads; 3200 miles total - highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by mjparker View Post
    Nice account!
    Last summer we drove from West Yorkshire England round via Holland, Germany, Denmark and on into Norway to Stavanger to see the fijords, pulling a hefty 4 berth Bailey Pegasus2 Verona caravan with our 06 XC70. Lovely drive, car didn't put a foot wrong even towing the van on hairy mountain roads; 3200 miles total - highly recommended!
    Nice to see someone else from this side of the 'Pond' who like decent trips after crossing that expensive strip of water called 'The English Channel'!

Not a bad 'starter' for you at 3200 Miles!

Now try this one at 8000 Miles...

http://www.365campingcaravanning.com...p?topic=1526.0

It was for us the trip of a lifetime!

Hey Covlov ! Everything ok ? We wait the photo of your next trip.
    Regretting :

Quote Originally Posted by giorgio View Post
    Hey Covlov ! Everything ok ? We wait the photo of your next trip.
    Hi Giorgio!

'Grazie' for thinking of us and 'Flamenco Red'

Everything so far is fine and 'Flamenco Red' is 'hassling' us to get back on the road and move to somewhere where the temperature is a lot higher and it is not so wet!

So with a bit of luck, a wash and polish the 'Tin Tent' will be once again hooked up and we will be off again soon going South, on what you might call 'The Snowbird Run Part 2'

All I can say for now my friend is to keep watching this Forum and particularly this section, I truly hope you will not be disappointed, and there is definitely a place for you in the 'Third Seat'.

I hope my translation below is correct?

"i migliori auguri" (Best Wishes)

XCovlov70, La mia buona signora moglie (My Good Lady Wife) & Flamenco Red

Ok ! We wait your next photo !
    Regretting :

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112