Default Bluetooth: Phone vs MyKey on center console?

Hi all, I just purchased an off-lease 2008 XC70 last night and I'm trying to understand what options were installed. I was excited to read that Bluetooth is standard, but the manual instructions don't correspond to what I see on the console. Where it shows a PHONE button just to the right of the number keypad, above ENTER and EXIT, I have a button labeled My Key. Quick thumbing through menus doesn't indicate anything phone-ish or bluetoothy. Does this mean that I don't have Bluetooth?

The car has some nice options (integrated booster seats, climate package with heated leather seats, walnut trim) so it's not basic in any sense. I hope I just haven't found an alternate way to do it.

FWIW, this car is replacing my beloved 1985 Volvo 740 GLE, 148K miles, still looking good and going strong -- except for the front-end damage from a recent crash...

Default Photo of console - what is this My Key button?

Here are a couple of shots of my console. The manual indicates a Phone button where I have My Key. Can anyone tell me what option I have installed instead of phone, and does this mean I don't have built-in Bluetooth? I am not seeing any menu options (or anything else, for that matter) when I push it, and the string "My Key" does not appear in the 2008 Manual PDF. What the heck is it?

Hi,

Page 122 of the Drivers Manual at this link will give you that answer about 'My Key'.

http://esd.volvocars.com/site/owners..._tp9686web.pdf

Default My Key = no phone support?

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    Page 122 of the Drivers Manual at this link will give you that answer about 'My Key'.
    THANKS! I don't know how I missed that. So the existence of this means I don't have the built-in Bluetooth, doesn't it. The manual says,

The MY KEY function is not available if the car
    is equipped with built-in phone as an option

When they say built-in phone, they mean bluetooth phone support, don't they.

I guess that means I get something like BlueAnt S4...
    Last edited by tubino; 11-13-2011 at 06:31 PM.

A 'Built in Phone' means just that, there would be a Handset in the armrest between the front seats and you would put the SIM Card from your mobile phone into a holder which then fits into a special 'connector' in the glove box.

I guess that.....

1) The Built in Phone is not there
    2) Bluetooth is only accessible by using the 'Phone' button but as yours is labelled 'My Key' then you do not have Bluetooth either.

As you have the My Key option then it looks like you don't have any phone options.