Default XC90 wheels fit an XC60?

My mother bought a 2003 XC90 when it first came out. She's 82, and lives in the foothills (8,100' ASL). She bought a second set of the same 16" rims that it came with (Poseidon). Having two sets of wheels meant that she could start winter with a fresh set of snows, and run the worn snows during the non-snow months. They say "7Jx16x49" on the back side of one of the spokes. (also 8624890, which I believe is the part number). She has traded the XC90 in on a 2012 XC60 T6 AWD (should be delivered in December). In looking up the wheels and tires of the 2012 XC60, I see that it takes an 18" Zephyrus wheel, but the rotations per mile of the tires are identical. So, I'm wondering whether the bolt pattern, hub diameter and offset of the XC60 are the same as the XC90. Otherwise, we sell the old wheels and buy new ones for the XC60.

Thanks in advance!

John
    Last edited by mtnfireguy; 11-07-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: fixing a couple of mistakes

Default More info

From web searches, it appears that they both have 5x108 bolt patterns.

This is a German link that appears to discuss what's legal there.
    http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...hmentId=684960
    Unfortunately, it was prepared before the Zephyrus existed.

Default Update from Volvo

I got an email back from the Volvo USA website. They're pointing out that the wheels do not have tire pressure sensors. The tire shop can install those for less than $200, so I do not think that's a hurdle. They did not address whether the old wheels would fit the new car. If I have to, I'll wait until the new one is here, and see if they fit. I was just hoping somebody else knew already.

They don't have the same hole in the middle.
    If you want to use a XC60 wheel on a XC90, you have to drill up the center hole.

I went on to tire rack.com's website and punched in all the year and make from your post. It looks like the wheels will fit. The bolt pattern is the same; 5-108 for both vehicles.
    It's more the offset you need to pay attention to. The 16" wheels listed as a "fit" for your XC90 has an offset 40mm. They have 18" wheels listed on that site for the XC60 also listed with an offset of 40mm.
    A good reputable tire shop will be able to confirm whether it should fit or not. Perhaps even the dealer if you are on good terms with the service dept. Hope that helps.
    '07 XC90 V8 AWD Ice White w/chrome 18"
    Curt Trailer Hitch
    '03 Nissan Murano AWD Silver