So my '99 V70 XC Turbo AWD 2.4l (B5254T) is due for the big 120k.

It's in great condition, nice dark grey leather interior, and a color I haven't seen on other Volvos: a sort of Bronze/metallic brown! I call her Boxy Brown.

I really like her and want to treat her right, so back to the service questions:

Bought it at a Nissan dealer, but no service records after 40,000mi dealer service.
Since i bought it back in April, at 117k mi, i've had to replace the coolant reservoir cap and radiator.

The down side: she's only getting 14 mi/gal (yes i checked with the fillup method) and the computer's correct: this mileage sucks, so I'm hoping a little TLC via the 120k service will help:

I have a local mechanic I trust to do good work in a timely fashion, and not jack up the man-hours (I'd do more of it myself but -time constraints-), just not to get good/less expensive parts, so I'm currently parts shopping.
I know pretty much what it's due for, but at the same time I don't want to buy parts I won't need.
I have no records of when the last major repairs/services were done, if any, although i don't think it was rode too hard, under-miles for the year and driven mostly by women judging from the tangle of blond hairs in the seat rails under the driver's seat. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Doing my own visual inspection, the serpentine belt has cracks in the ridges (I KNOW that's not good!)

--Given the serp. belt's condition, and the mileage, i know i need to replace it and it's pulleys, tensioner, and adjuster AND the timing belt too, and it's pulleys, tensioner, adjuster, right?

--also, I should replace the water pump, too, while i'm in there, right?

--regarding spark plug wires, plugs:

This engine is coil-on-plug, no distributor, which i'm not familiar with (!!!), but at this mileage they always say do the plug wires, rotor, cap...

So do the wires still get changed out even tho no distributor/rotor? Found a set ($45) for coil-on-plug, would this be the right item?:

http://www.autopartsexpress.com/item...DENSO&weight=1

(Coil On Plug Boot, Complete COP Boot Set-5, Ignition Wires)

Spark plugs: are the $8-$10 plugs (i'm thinking Bosch platinum IR Fusions, with rebate) worth it on a Volvo my age or do you think the $3 platinums are good enough?

Also from what I've read I should at least get a PCV service, OR
given the age/mileage should I assume I need new parts and go ahead and get the PCV Turbo Breather kit for $100 from fcpgroton.com?

thanks for taking the time to read, any comments appreciated!