Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HRDDRV View Post
    Take the screw out that holds the neck of the washer fluid bottle. Take the lid off of the black box that holds the PCM. Unsnap the black housing that is around the PCM. Slide it out. Disconnect the wiring harness that runs right behind the headlight assembly. This will give you a lot more room to work. You can get at the turn signal and headlamp bulbs fairly easy. I hope this helps
    This was the perfect list of steps to replace the headlight on my 06! The original was very tight as the rubber washer was stuck, but the mirror really helped to see what I was doing before I forced something to break.

Here's my story on my '06 XC70. Got the bulb out pretty easy after removing the Air Filter box. After 40 min of trying to get the new bulb in, I went in to tell the wife that I couldn't get the bulb in. She came out, and her hand fit right in, turn-click, done. 1 min for the wife.
    2006 XC70 - New to me in '08
    2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L - Leasing until July 2016. Contact me at anytime if you want to buy.

RIP
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Loved it, but didn't fit our growing family.
    1995 850 GLT Wagon - Just shy of 300k miles
    1994 Chevrolet C1500 W/T - Owned for 15 years, still miss it

Is your wife left handed? That would help A LOT!

My 01 XC70 had an intermittent front left headlight several weeks ago. I tend to leave my light switch on all the time so I don't have to think about it. But for several days, whenever I started her up, the dash warning would tell me that the left low beam was not working. No big deal during the day, but at night, I'd get out of the car and give the lens a bit of a thump with my fist and the bulb would come on.
    Put up with this for about 2 weeks, but since then, it has not re-occurred.
    Do you think its the filament, the connector or the wiring?
    Sydney Australia

'72 P1800E
    '72 145
    '82 264
    '92 940
    '94 940
    '98 850
    '01 XC70

Quote Originally Posted by alcraig View Post
    Do you think its the filament, the connector or the wiring?

Yes

I know that I change these bulbs often and daily for customers but, replacing that bulb isn't too terrible. My advice to you is, if it seems daunting, try and look it up on YouTube. Most of the time, someone's already tried to do what you need done and is willing to document it! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Summer: Victoria, B.C.; Winter: Sun Peaks, B.C.

I had an indy Volvo shop replace the driver's side xenon bulb for $148CDN, part and labour. It took about 20 minutes removing air box and other parts.

Drivers went out last night on son's car. So I ordered these from Amazon and should be here at the latest by Thursday. http://www.amazon.com/GE-H7-55NHP-BP...ilpage_o00_s00

Looked today and the drivers side seem's easy -- The Passenger side I might have to use the wife to get her to do it. But both look accessible for my 6'5" body with hands that match.

Am I missing something ??

The wiring plastic sheath is crumbling to movement on the upper end - So I will replace that as well.

This is why I turn OFF the DRLs on my cars.
    You can't have a headlight on ALL the time and not expect problems 10 years down the road
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Summer: Victoria, B.C.; Winter: Sun Peaks, B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    This is why I turn OFF the DRLs on my cars.
    You can't have a headlight on ALL the time and not expect problems 10 years down the road
    With my '06 Canadian model when the light switch is in the horizontal position the DRLs are on during daylight hours and the xenon low beam comes on at dusk or when entering a tunnel or parking garage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast