Default New Wheels/Tires

I need new tires. At the risk of starting a food fight, what is everyone replacing their OEM tires with? I have an 08 3.2L with about 35K on it. Also, has anyone done the +1? I have 17" wheels, thinking of going up to 18".
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K

Quote Originally Posted by OKCXC70 View Post
    I need new tires. At the risk of starting a food fight, what is everyone replacing their OEM tires with? I have an 08 3.2L with about 35K on it. Also, has anyone done the +1? I have 17" wheels, thinking of going up to 18".
    I understand from a previous thread that I cannot find, going over to 18" makes no difference to the Odometer for either speed or mileage.

I personally prefer Kuhmo, for longevity, MPG, very low road noise and good ride.

A new Discount Tires opened up just down the road so I stopped by. The guy is giving me the 60,000 mile spiel and I said, look, dude, that wagon does not get 60K miles on a set of tires, so I don't care about that. I want handling. If it ever rains here again. I walked out with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus. They get put on on Monday, so we'll see. I'll report back.
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K