Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing. Some day...some day.....I hope I'll be able to get out that way!
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Nice photos! It's nice to see people enjoying my back yard. I'd highly recommend taking the ferry one way (likely back south) too. Nice break from driving, and it's like taking a low-priced cruise down the inside passage.

I did not take the ferry, where's the fun in that? Actually, we had considered it prior to departure but the ticket was more than the gas so we drove back as well.
    You're quite right about the ferry fare. After a long drive with the midnight sun enticing us to drive more hours than we really should, we need a break returning to the lower 48 and have caught it twice on return from Scagway.

From Scagway, AK to Bellingham, WA, if you can convince the ticket agent your XC is no longer than 15-feet (we're stretching our tape measures just a few inches), the current vehicle transport fare is $820. Otherwise, it's $976 if they don't believe you. The individual passenger rate is $363 per person. Total for a "15-ft." Volvo wagon and two passengers comes to $1546 ONE-WAY. This fare DOES NOT include food nor cabin. Oh, and there was a $25 per dog charged as well. We brought our own food and pitched a tent on the deck to save money. Then, it was kicking back and watch the whales go by!

The ferry is highly recommended if you're too exhausted to drive back the hundreds of miles of gravel-like roads! Ninja... I'm impressed you returned without taking the easy ride back!

Quote Originally Posted by mrslomo View Post
    You're quite right about the ferry fare. After a long drive with the midnight sun enticing us to drive more hours than we really should, we need a break returning to the lower 48 and have caught it twice on return from Scagway.

From Scagway, AK to Bellingham, WA, if you can convince the ticket agent your XC is no longer than 15-feet (we're stretching our tape measures just a few inches), the current vehicle transport fare is $820. Otherwise, it's $976 if they don't believe you. The individual passenger rate is $363 per person. Total for a "15-ft." Volvo wagon and two passengers comes to $1546 ONE-WAY. This fare DOES NOT include food nor cabin. Oh, and there was a $25 per dog charged as well. We brought our own food and pitched a tent on the deck to save money. Then, it was kicking back and watch the whales go by!

The ferry is highly recommended if you're too exhausted to drive back the hundreds of miles of gravel-like roads! Ninja... I'm impressed you returned without taking the easy ride back!
    mrslomo.... wow, dang, that's expensive for a car + 2 passenger with no food/cabin! I glanced at the fare on the web and when I saw $800+ I was like, "okay, we're driving back! muahahhaha"

Though I would love to be on a cruise some day.
    2002 Volvo V70XC | 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser | 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 4MATIC | 1958 VW Beetle Type 1

Thank you for yours fantastic photos.
    Regretting :

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123