Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tour de France 2011

As best I can determine, VACANSOLEIL, MOVISTAR, and EUROPCAR teams will be using Cross Country XC70 as team cars in this year's Tour de France.

Wonder why Volvo doesn't put this on their web site.
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD

Cool!

Great stage today! The prologue is always fun.
    2000 V70XC 2.4L Turbo - Emerald Green -245,000 miles

I saw the green stickered XC70's
    Disappointing start to the tour with that clown spectator causing the massive peloton crash near the end of the stage. Get off the road!

The XC70

scale model

real thing
    Last edited by Ocean Racer; 07-10-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Is it just me or are there TOO MANY support cars getting in the way of the cyclists this year?
    Yesterdays race was ridiculous when a media car swerved directly into 2 leading cyclists and wiped them into a barbed wire fence at speed - potentially killing them. WTF is with these lunatic drivers.

SRAM USA support vehicles are usually XC70's at US races.-Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Finally got to see the back end of a 'Europcar' XC70 yesterday in the highlights session!

I wonder if Volvo did not 'plug' this event as the organisations that are using them took them from their fleet and they were maybe not provided by Volvo as are all the Skoda's?

The media car that took out the riders according to the presenters on the TV over here was removed from covering any more of the race.

I was also getting 'jittery' watching the spectators in the road acting like idiots when other riders could have run into them. Even on sections with barriers there were spectators on the wrong side!!

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    I was also getting 'jittery' watching the spectators in the road acting like idiots when other riders could have run into them. Even on sections with barriers there were spectators on the wrong side!!
    I know what you mean.
    Look at todays races up in the Pyrenees and keep an eye out for the clowns wearing near to nothing high up in the mountain clouds.
    Yesterday was hilarious with the number of fans getting too close as the riders were approaching the high climb summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
    I know what you mean.
    Look at todays races up in the Pyrenees and keep an eye out for the clowns wearing near to nothing high up in the mountain clouds.
    Yesterday was hilarious with the number of fans getting too close as the riders were approaching the high climb summit.
    It's called 'Slipstream Clothing' that gives less wind resistance, but they all pulled the zips up as they came over the top for the descent as the legs don't work as hard so the body doesn't generate as much heat!

Must admit I felt a bit sorry for the French guy who led out for so long, then got hauled in by the Norwegian and even the Spaniard who had no energy to 'work' with the Norwegian passed him!

On UK TV at 19:00hrs they show the 'Highlights' of the days Stage, but prior to this from 17:00 till 19:00hrs they showed a 'Legends' programme from the 2009 Tour and in that on todays programme I definitely saw an XC70 in a Red, Black & White colour scheme.

So it looks like XC70 Volvo's have been used before?

Champagne Cadel!
    What a champion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast