Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ye$$$$$ I did! HAHAHA

Default Any resolutions for vibrating sound at rest?

I recently purchased a 2008 Volvo XC 90 3.2, and I am experiencing the same vibrating noises described in the previous posts. I'm wondering if anyone has discovered a solution to the problem. I too have been told by the Volvo service dept. that they did not find anything wrong and the noise is normal. It is extremely annoying, and I find it hard to believe that this is normal for a high-end vehicle.

Any information will be appreciated.

OPlo - we live in the same area. Did you have any luck resolving the problem at Volvo dealers in the area?

Took it in a couple of weeks ago for the same exact issue. The answer that I got is that Volvo is aware of the issue and they're working on a fix. They told me it is related to the software where it sets the wrong rpm and that creates the vibration. I hope the come out with a fix soon or I'll be making some noise with corporate.

Default Just a Volvo being a Volvo

I think all Volvos vibrate to some extent, and some people are bothered by it more than others. We just bought a brand new 2011 XC90, and the first thing I noticed when I turned the ignition key was that the car rumbled and vibrated much more than any other car I have ever owned. I was sitting in the car last night reading the owners manual with the car running and the transmission in park, and the pitch or tone of the vibration was very uncomfortable to my ears. Seems to go away once the car is rolling. When you turn on a Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, etc, you cannot hear the car running. Not the case with a Volvo. I'm surprised that after all these years, and given the cost of the car, this problem has not been fixed. The only thing I can assume is that the folks in Sweden like it this way. By the way, we test drove a 2013 and it did the same thing.

Not trying to resurrect an old post here just wanted to let everybody know that this is still happening on newer XC90's. I just purchased a 2013 XC90 CPO with 27k and you guessed it, DRONE vibration. I've tried a new air cleaner and a bottle of techron with no luck. Did anybody get theirs fixed by the dealer.....with the AC on its awful. Oddly enough, I didn't really feel it when we test drove it. It also has a whistle/siren sound coming from defrost vents when going over 65mph with the sunroof open. Our 2012 XC70 T6 (I know different engine 3.0) w/70k miles that I traded in did not display any rough idle like our XC90 is.

I know this doesn't help you but I feel for you. We were in the same situation w/ a brand new 2012 that we picked up in Gothenburg. We had the car for 9 months, dealt w/ the drone issue for about 5 months and hired a lawyer when nothing was being done. At the end of the day we were fortunate enough to be able to lemon the car and get most of our money back. We really liked the XC90 and had a fantastic time picking up the car in Sweden but this experience has left us very soured. I can't believe that this car was sold for 10 years and nothing was done for this serious issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton65 View Post
    Not trying to resurrect an old post here just wanted to let everybody know that this is still happening on newer XC90's. I just purchased a 2013 XC90 CPO with 27k and you guessed it, DRONE vibration. I've tried a new air cleaner and a bottle of techron with no luck. Did anybody get theirs fixed by the dealer.....with the AC on its awful. Oddly enough, I didn't really feel it when we test drove it. It also has a whistle/siren sound coming from defrost vents when going over 65mph with the sunroof open. Our 2012 XC70 T6 (I know different engine 3.0) w/70k miles that I traded in did not display any rough idle like our XC90 is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12