Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rovermark View Post
    I don't have much confidence in Volvo as a company - my car, and a number of cars that were delivered at the same time to Canada .....

1. Had the ventilated seats missing which we ordered as part of package

2. Had a Seat Belt reminder system that is non-functional by Volvo parameters (only dings for about 5 sec regardless if someone fastens seat belts or not, and does not turn on if you take your seat-belt off while driving, nor recognizes if your child takes his seatbelt off in the rear)

3. Have Window trim that is "matte-black" plastic rubber instead of chrome as all other XC70 T6s are - while may seem trivial, this is the cheapest material used on the whole V70/XC70 range, not becoming of the top-version of the XC70, and which was corrected on subsequent versions.

All these issues were corrected later on cars that came afterwards. What, did they run out of parts, and simply decided to omit certain features?
    Thanks for that confidence boosting post!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rovermark View Post
    I don't have much confidence in Volvo as a company - my car, and a number of cars that were delivered at the same time to Canada .....
    1. Had the ventilated seats missing
    2. Had a Seat Belt reminder system that is non-functional by Volvo parameters (only dings for about 5 sec)
    3. Have Window trim that is "matte-black" plastic rubber instead of chrome ?
    My personal preference is a "matte-black" instead of chrome. My 2011 Level II AWD, come with the "matte-black" and I really like it. I wouldn't lose confidence in a company because of it (even if a seat belt reminder dings for 5 sec only).

What drives me nuts is the lack of headlights-on indicator (or rather the lack of day time running lights). It is my understanding that Volvo decided to use low beams lights as a day time running lights in countries where the usage of day time running lights is mandatory (like in Canada). Therefore, the "0" position of a lights switch is not different than a full automatic position (except a long beam which would not come on if the switch is in "0" position). I would prefer to see a day time running lights being different from low beam headlights.
    Last edited by JarekMW; 06-21-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    '11 XC70 AWD Caper Green

Quote Originally Posted by JarekMW View Post
    My personal preference is a "matte-black" instead of chrome. My 2011 Level II AWD, come with the "matte-black" and I really like it. I wouldn't lose confidence in a company because of it (even if a seat belt reminder dings for 5 sec only).

What drives me nuts is the lack of headlights-on indicator (or rather the lack of day time running lights). It is my understanding that Volvo decided to use low beams lights as a day time running lights in countries where the usage of day time running lights is mandatory (like in Canada). Therefore, the "0" position of a lights switch is not different than a full automatic position (except a long beam which would not come on if the switch is in "0" position). I would prefer to see a day time running lights being different from low beam headlights.
    I'm not sure what a Level II is and if you have the T6 - but the one I have is the most expensive version you can get. I would expect a little more than the base trim. How about matte black trim as on the R-design? Anything but the black rubber that will fade in the sun...

I agree with the lights - Volvo uses the low-beams for DRL. The rear and front lights are always functional. The light switch inside the car only functions to allow high-beam lights to stay on. In defense of Volvo, then when the car was offered in 2007 as the S80, DRLs were not hip in Europe the way they are now, so separate DRLs were not offered on any car in Europe (more or less). The difference between Volvo's DRLs and other car companies of the time is simply that Volvos burn with full intensity of low beam, while others had reduced intensity.
    2009 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD
    Seashell / Sandstone beige

Guess what??? Still no car!!! I just wish they would cut the bull and say they haven't got a clue when the car will be here. June 16th,erm NO! June 24th erm NO! July 1st? July 8th? And so on. I suppose one of these days they'll get right. It is at the fore front of my mind to tell the dealer to stick my xc70 right up his ....

Quote Originally Posted by adthepie View Post
    Guess what??? Still no car!!! I just wish they would cut the bull and say they haven't got a clue when the car will be here. June 16th,erm NO! June 24th erm NO! July 1st? July 8th? And so on. I suppose one of these days they'll get right. It is at the fore front of my mind to tell the dealer to stick my xc70 right up his ....
    I feel a telephone call coming on on Monday to that CEO in Customer Service!
    Hopefully he can cut through the 'crap'!
    So give him HELL nicely!

I really wish you good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    I feel a telephone call coming on on Monday to that CEO in Customer Service!
    Hopefully he can cut through the 'crap'!
    So give him HELL nicely!

I really wish you good luck.
    Called in at my dealer today. They have got a despatch notice for the vehicle,and the car will be with them on Monday.
    I'm not the type to lose my temper because I've seen it so often and it doesn't acheive any more than being polite and persuasive. Hopefully I won't need to ring Peter Rask the CEO,but I will if I need to. I get the feeling from the meeting today I won't need to though!!!!!

Be patient, the car will not disappoint (once it arrives).

We ordered ours through Expat Sales and it was a month later than originally promised. Since I was renting a car, I forced the issue with my selling dealer in Tokyo and they reimbursed me $600, no small amount given that the expat price was 20+% off MSRP.

I'd raise it with Volvo UK and your dealer and try to get some accessories thrown in: winter mats, cargo mat, sunglass holder, cargo barrier, free service, etc. They're more likely to give you "stuff" than money back.

Enjoy,
    Tom
    2010 T6 - Climate, Convenience, Premium Audio, RSE, Moonroof, ABL
    2002 V70XC, sold to move to Japan

2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio

Quote Originally Posted by toma nova View Post
    Be patient, the car will not disappoint (once it arrives).

We ordered ours through Expat Sales and it was a month later than originally promised. Since I was renting a car, I forced the issue with my selling dealer in Tokyo and they reimbursed me $600, no small amount given that the expat price was 20+% off MSRP.

I'd raise it with Volvo UK and your dealer and try to get some accessories thrown in: winter mats, cargo mat, sunglass holder, cargo barrier, free service, etc. They're more likely to give you "stuff" than money back.

Enjoy,
    Tom
    You raise a valid point Tom, and one I had forgotten about as our XC70 was 'late' due to a problem with the fuel line and a general recall.
    Through the dealer and writing a message to Customer Service I got the set of Safety Nets that fit onto the rear of the back seats and then when you drop the seats to increase the load area they roll out and hang on a bar that fits between the rear grab handles in the roof.
    The net has been in place during our trip around Europe and stopped a couple of things sliding about.

Have a nice word based on the inconvenience and see what happens, it could be worth it.
    I think I was offered £125 in value against accessories.

V D Day,Friday 1st July,that's all I'm saying for now!!!!

We've got it!!!! I will put some pictures on when I've found my camera!

That extra 10ps of the 2012 makes a big difference in performance to the 2011 one we tested,a lot soother power delivery somehow. Impressed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast