Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: XC grill guard

Default Imported post

Hey, whats up? Cool to see a forum just for XC's.

I had asked this question a long time ago on Swede.. and received little response; maybe I am crazy, but I think a front grill guard would look cool on my XC(and my wife could run things over and not scratch up the bumper), anyone know of any made after market?

Dan Harden

Default Imported post

heya harden.. welcome to v70xc.com!

You mean something like this?

Personally, I think might look better without the rings around the headlights... ie just the center section.
    As far as one purpose built for the XC, I'm not too sure... you may want to ask the guys over at Grizzly Products to see whether they make one or can build a custom for you.  Either way though, it'd cost an arm and a leg

Default Imported post

Harden,

Let us know if you find one. I'd be interested in something to mount some rally lights to. The Volvo part that extends from behind the front license plate for aux lights isn't available in N. America.

Thanks,

--Adam

Default Imported post

Coastal-

Yeah, exactly that. I think that Subaru offers somthing similar on one of their cars. I'm going to look into who might make that one, I'll let you know.

Dan

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Hey Guys,
    Love the idea of a grill guard. It would give the XC an even more aggressive looking attitude, besides having the only one equipped with it in the neighborhood! Hear any more news regarding the rear skid plate?

Default Imported post

Art,

I've got my local parts department doing research on it (the rear skid plate, that is). Keep fingers crossed. I think the answer is going to come from looking at is as a part for the Ocean Race Edition since that model seems to have it. That's the only place I've seen it besides the funky pic that Coastal posted. BTW, I found that same pic on my dealer's site so I told the parts guy to look there for an example of what I'm looking for.

--Adam

(Edited by saabstory at 1:25 pm on Oct. 11, 2001)

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Adam,

Sounds like you've got things well under control. Any guess at how much this rear accessory would cost? Sure would add a distinctive look to the XC!

Default Imported post

fyi:

my wife just called to say she just saw a 2001 XC with a push bar like the one we were talking about.
    She said it looked awesome.

Sounds like it lives nearby us, so I'll keep my eyes open and hopefully I'll have my digital camera in hand when it crosses my path.

Default Imported post

hunt-em down, I haven't had time to check out any other manufacturers, but I would love to find one.

Dan

Default Imported post

And I'm still trying to get info on the rear skid plate. Trying second dealership now...

--Adam

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast