Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Two thumbs-up: the first for the fix itself and the second for avoiding the $400+ cost
    thanks for the feedback,
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Default Dealership can't figure out whats wrong

So, I have been reading these posts for a while for all of my volvo needs and have gotten very far. This fan issue though is over my head.
    I had a similar issue with my '05 XC70, fan kept running and killed my battery, came back on but then stopped working again. My mechanic told me he needed us to get the computer reset/updated at the dealership. They took me for 1400, other minor fixes, and didn't even address the fan. They can't even figure out whats wrong with it let alone fix it.
    I had the back for less than 36 hours and it died again. My main issue is the fan won't run at set speed and when you use the defrost button there is no surge of air, just background flow. Of course at the shop they state it is working great, last night they tried to kill the battery but not sure if they succeeded. Anyone out there know how to force the issue or should they just remove and replace the fan, my warranty company is telling me they'll cover it. Is anyone smarter than the dealership mechanic? Please help.

S

where is the fan's fuse for the raadiator located on volvo xc90

It sounds like you are talking about the blower fan inside the car, the original poster here was talking about his engine radiator fan staying on. The fan for your climate control is different and located in your dash. The problem you are having is most likely with what's called a blower resistor, it is located in the passenger footwell and controls the flow of current to the fan motor. It is not that expensive of a repair, and is definitely the first place I would start for your problem. The part number is 8693262, and it's about $120, not too difficult to do yourself either with basic repair skills.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by samwize'04xc70 View Post
    My main issue is the fan won't run at set speed and when you use the defrost button there is no surge of air, just background flow. Of course at the shop they state it is working great, last night they tried to kill the battery but not sure if they succeeded. Anyone out there know how to force the issue or should they just remove and replace the fan, my warranty company is telling me they'll cover it. Is anyone smarter than the dealership mechanic? Please help.

S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12