Default Possible to Upgrade HU-613 to HU-803 with the center speaker?

Ok, I'm new at this. My Mom owns a 2004 Volvo XC70 and it has the HU-613 with stock sound which sounds great but I don't think it's enough. I have a little bit of audio background with other vehicles but not with Volvo's. If I purchase a center channel speaker and an HU-803 is it possible to transform the audio system to have the Dolby ProLogic? If I'm not mistaken I was told that the center grille on the dash just has a plastic cover and no speaker? Can someone also verify that? Thanks.

You need a lot of hardware, radio, speakers, cables and amps, the 813 does not support a center speaker
    The center speaker runs off the HU, not the external amp, there is no output on that radio.

Better is to find a rear subwoofer and upgrade the speakers,
    Not bad when you do that way

I have a 613. I got the Volvo subwoofer and Volvo amp. It's all plug and play. I also put Infinity Kappa Perfect component speakers in the front, and Kappa coax speakers in the rear doors. The combo makes a fantastic stereo. I like my music (I listen to vinyl through vintage SAE electronics at home), and I find my car's frankenstereo fully satisfying.
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

Gibbons, do you have any pictures of the amp you installed? I have located one for sale and want to make sure it's compatible. Was it really that easy to install?

He meant the sub/amp, one piece and I guess the bigger 300w amp from an 803
    He did what I said to do plus he added the bigger amp.
    Amp is under the seat, the two amps are interchangable

Right. The Volvo subwoofer has a built in amp, and is way easier to install than a science fair project do-it-yourself. The PA300 amp was an accessory, but it was a connect the dots installation also. Everything fit, not cutting wires, plastic, or steel. I hate to say that I was satisfied by "accessory equipment", but I was!
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

I actually have the 650 HU. What is the amp that will fit that HU? On another note, where do most people find out their information? FOr example, Gibbons, when you bought your amp and sub, I assume you knew before hand that it would plug right in, where did you learn that? I often search the internet for information, but it inevitably leads me to a forum, and more often than not this one. That's one reason I like forums, because it is real experiences and solutions.

The same one that fits an 850 (05-07)
    They DO plug right in and work

I saw the sub and amp in an accessories brochure. How embarrassing! Cuz am used to gutting my cars to put custom stuff in. Way back when about 7 years ago when everyone on the board had new XCs, we were all talking about the stuff.