Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post
    Had mine rebuilt by Xemodex in Canada. About $400 for my 2002 model year, but it varies by model year.

I've got no idea what shipping costs from India, but the removal is about 10 minutes. Installation even quicker. No programming required. The CEM holds all the data.
    Thanks Astro14.
    Do I just disconnect the power and wait for a few hours before removing DIM?
    Maybe the security system will go crazy if the battery is disconnected. What do you think. The car is MY2011.
    I will try to get it checked locally, if not I have to think about sending it.
    Jose

This is the wrong forum for a 2011
    It's a completely different animal (car) and most, if not all here have no real knowledge about them.
    (I know I don't so I'm not going to advise you on what to do).
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Needs to be asked.
    In Canada the warranty is four years 80,000km. USA should be the same in miles. Does India not do this as well? If so are you not in warranty still?

I would visit Xemodex's site. (Google it). And see what they say. I'm relating my experience with a 2002. I have no experience with a 2011 S60... Different chassis....
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (100K, Michelin AS3+, M1 0W40)
    2002 V70-XC (238K, Castrol Edge 0W40)
    2002 V70-T5 (195K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (76K)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Hello, I attached a couple pictures of my information display on my DIM. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't. I removed the DIM and re-soldered just about every spot I could. Everything else works fine on the DIM. Could the problem be somewhere else?
    -mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails good.jpg   bad.jpg  
    2002 Volvo XCV70
    2010 Chrysler T/C
    1970 Buick Regal

Mine shut off recently while I was sniffering CAN bus with driver's door open, and the cluster was beeping for 20..30 minutes (CAN messages were bad by the way). It healed itself same day, I took a look at CAN: there were some bad messages, increasing in ratio while the cluster was beeping.

I took DIM out, resoldered chips with heat gun and glued a few heat fins: 4 on the back of circuit board, under 3 chips and FET, and cut another one to ~1.5 mm high and glued it to Motorola's microcontroller surface. I think it will eventually die, since the die has already degraded, and I'll have to send it to Xemodex. Or sell the car: my back don't really like the (not very good) seats in XC70, plus automatic gearbox is driving me mad.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60

Hi Sharkmonkey,

Your error is similar to mine, and (should) make resoldering location easy to pinpoint. The LCD modules all share a common bus. The data for the LCDs is written by the Motorola CPU to the Epson LCD driver - it's a total graphical thing (i.e. the CPU generates the complete bitmap, it doesn't send just text or anything), so if there is errors on the bus you'll get corruption like that.

I've got details on this thread: http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...ic.php?t=65817 . But here is the good stuff, the important data lines:

Notice in particular the two resistor packs - the data lines flow through them, so it's possible they need to be reflowed too. I initially resoldered the EPSON chip entirely which didn't solve the problem. For me it was enough to only reflow the resistor packs + those four pins on the Motorola chip. You can see I didn't even clean the blue gunk away from the entire CPU, just the portion I resoldered.

Good luck!

I have had the spinning clock issue for at least 2 yrs now. This summer my dash would blip like it's going haywire. Would xemodex fix these issues?
    1988 Volvo dark red 244 DL: 200k miles w/ GL wheels, volvo volt gauge, volvo fuel ecomony gauge, and jvc cd player

2003 Volvo ash gold metalic XC70: 100k miles
    cold climate package, sand leather, memory seats, homelink, moon/sunroof, grocery rack, courtsey lights, and 40/20/40 rear seat, trailer hitch, IPD engine strut conversion and poly bushings, IPD upper engine mount and round poly bushings, 3M xpel lens covers

cool: loves the snow drifting

Quote Originally Posted by Au_xc70_03 View Post
    I have had the spinning clock issue for at least 2 yrs now. This summer my dash would blip like it's going haywire. Would xemodex fix these issues?
    Yes.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60

Thank you! I will give this a try this weekend and let you know.
    I appreciate it.
    -mark

Quote Originally Posted by coflynn View Post
    Hi Sharkmonkey,

Your error is similar to mine, and (should) make resoldering location easy to pinpoint. The LCD modules all share a common bus. The data for the LCDs is written by the Motorola CPU to the Epson LCD driver - it's a total graphical thing (i.e. the CPU generates the complete bitmap, it doesn't send just text or anything), so if there is errors on the bus you'll get corruption like that.

Good luck!
    2002 Volvo XCV70
    2010 Chrysler T/C
    1970 Buick Regal