Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Bill,
    Did you source your replacement DIM locally? If so, where?
    2003 XC70 with 345,000 km (214,370 mi)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapo View Post
    Bill,
    Did you source your replacement DIM locally? If so, where?
    Yeah, I got mine down at Covey's in Blandford (at the mouth of St. Margarets Bay on Route 329)

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

If you didnt want to replace the dim you could get a OBD2 Port reading thingy ....

IPD Sells one and theres a few other manufactures that sell the same type of thing.

The only thing none of them read is the gas gauge level ....grrr
    2012 Ford Fusion 2004 V70XC 01 V70XC -M66 1998 C70 T5-M66

Default 2003 v70 dim dies

My DIM died several weeks ago-SRS Urgent Msg/Lights out/on and off etc.

Pulled the DIM (very easy) and sent to Powls Speedo repair in Lancaster, PA. They couldn't resurect my speedo so I bought an 02 from eBay and had it sent to Powls. They transfered the info (mileage etc) to the "new" donor speedo and sent it back to me.

I took it to my local stealership ($100) and they reprogrammed the "new" DIM using vadis.

Cost me just over $300 total + shipping. Back in and works great.
    Last edited by CPO Man; 05-02-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: more accurate

A co-worker of mine is in the process of replacing the DIM on his S80. He sent the DIM to a company in Pembina, North Dakota (south of Winnipeg on the US/Canada border) to be reprogrammed and serviced. He will be re-installing it this weekend. I will let everyone know what success he will have.

Checkout their website http://www.mrwhizard.com/
    Ron N
    2011 XC60 T6 - Barents Blue w/SandstoneInterior, Convenience & Climate Pkgs, BLIS (my car)
    2012 S60 - Flamenico Red (wife's car)

There are places that fix the DIM for probably less than you'd pay to have the wrong one installed ;-). I had my DIM repaired by BBA Reman for about $350 with shipping. And add another $85 for local shop to clear code.
    www.bba-reman.com

Default I think I may have one fix for this issue.....Hopefully.

After some investigation for two months, I have boiled it down to RA6 on the circuit board. Now I have to find the specification on that component.

Does anyone know where to get driver information module schematics?

I posted a picture of the component.

Default Fixed the driver information module - instrument cluster - RA6 resistor - 201

After calling around to many different electronics companies who gave me 99 disclaimers and they won't be able to get to it for a week, I decided to see what damage I could cause. I am pretty good at that.

Solution: Took the soldering iron with the smallest tip I could find. I touched each lead (Qty 8) on the resistor for a few seconds. Most of the leads did turn moltent then I removed the soldering iron. That's it. I didn't want to leave it on too long and create board damage. I did not use any new solder. I didn't want to make things get messy because this resistor is unbelievably small.

Location of resistor picture is attached.
    Last edited by Labdude; 07-18-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Add attachment

For another data point, I went the XemodeX route to fix my SRS light. Worked fine.

The dealer wanted $1600 ($1200 for a new DIM and $400 for labor); they said a resistor had gone bad.

About 10 seconds after I took the DIM out, the A/C turned on high, kinda startling, but I was able to turn it off. That was the only surprise.

I had to take it back to the dealer to turn the light off. They called to say they couldn't because the DIM wouldn't accept reprogramming, but when I picked the car up they said the mechanic had done something magical and the light was off. $119.

I am not sure I understand this correct, but did you take out the DIM while battery was still connected?
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)