Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: XC Roll Call!

Purchased a 2004 XC70 last week here in Calgary, Alberta. It was a local car that we bought from our local Volvo dealer (which means we paid too much, but it's been well sorted at least!). A little under 100k miles on the clock. Black with charcoal interior. I found a use cargo barrier that arrived last week, ordered an IMIV iPod adaptor and have a set of seat bottoms with integrated boosters on their way too.

It's great to be back in a Volvo - this is the first one I've owned built in this millenium

Cheers,
    Keith
    Current: 2004 Volvo XC70 Black/Charcoal | 2010 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.4 | 1985 Bigfoot 17' trailer | 1969 Porsche 912 with 911 power | 1969 Mercedes 280 SE coupe
    Volvos past: 1975 245 | 1978 245| 1978 242 DL | 1980 242GT | 1984 242 GLT | 1990 245 x2
    Other cars past: there's not enough space.

The name is Shawn. Just bought a 2001 V70XC with 151000 miles. It's in great shape, only a small scratch on the hood. Im thrilled to find a site dedicated to XC.

I just upgraded from a 2001 V70XC to a 2013 XC70 T6 with a premium plus package. I like all the bells and whistles but I'm going to miss that 5 cylinder engine. So far the average gas mileage seems a bit better but the new one won't be getting 30 mpg on the highway. Love the extra horses and sport mode!!!
    It took me almost 300 miles before I had to replace a tire 8-( operator error - this car turns much quicker and I slammed a curb on a RH turn, darn those low profile tires...

Hello all.

My name is Ken and I just picked up a 2005 XC70 with 114k on it last Friday.
    In 3 days I have put over 800 miles on it and it has been awesome so far!

Default First XC

New to the forum, just bought a 2004 xc70, ruby red with black interior. Its a two owner car with 108k miles, I think I got a good deal at $4,500. Off to the mechanic for lower control arm bushings, timing belt, and oil change. I'm new to the XC70, but have owned 8 other Volvos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20130701-00193.jpg  

Hi guys, I currently have 2x 2001 XC70's, 1 my wife drives and 1 for me after driving round in a rusty old ute for more than 10 years.
    I have just converted my wifes to FWD after the transfer case, or as some people call it, the angle gear stripped the splines, I just removed the transfer case to get rid of the noise.
    I will look into replacing the sleeve and the case when I have some time but for now FWD it is for her.
    Mine is still AWD (touch wood) but has some other issues which I am happy to share and discuss with other like minded people.
    Cheers.

i have a 2001 XC70 and a 2005 XC90. I have had a 2008 XC70 and a 2000 XC70 that I gave my daughter. I have had a couple of 740 wagons and a 850. Don't know why I keep buying them they cost me a fortune but at the same time they have been good for me and family. Many aspects of them are solid. New to the forum.

Default Yeah finally got my dream car!!

Just purchased my 2003 V70 XC70. I have had the car about 1 month and love it so far. Got the package with integrated boosters and 3rd row for my large family. Yes this is my DREAM car. It is a Huge step up from a minivan. (which by the way I never wanted a minivan)

This is my 2nd Volvo. About 9 years ago I had a 240dl, then traded up for an Audi A4, then dh took my A4 and traded it for a STUPID Toyota minivan. I always felt "slumpy" driving the minivan and longed for a Cross Country! DH was not as enthusiastic about Volvo's as I am being a previous Volvo owner. So with that being said, I decided to buy myself my dream car and park dh's minivan!!

I love my new car, but have several concerns and hope to find a few answers here in this forum.
    ++When I saw the package with 3rd row seat and boosters I had to have it.....now weeks later I have my concerns now that we have "tested" them out.
    Is the 3rd row safe for a booster seat? And with the boosters is there some kind of sensible headrest? Why should I pay to have built in booster seats just to pay $200 for a VOLVO cushion to go over them to make them safe enough to use for a real trip not just to the grocery store.
    ++Also a little upset when I test drove the car the gauge cluster was fine, then after the 500+ mile trip home with the car the dang thing is acting silly! Just the part that says "500 miles until tank is empty" or "average 20.2 MPG" it flashes off and on. Sometimes it will say "door open" but mostly its just a blank screen. Wondering if there are places that fix these rather than pay 1000+ for a new one.
    ++Wondering how many people had Transmission trouble with this car and what the first signs were. I am scared! Very scared that I got one with a bad transmission!!! Do these cars ever JUMP when switching gears. (its an automatic, but when the car is automatically switching gears sometimes the car will JUMP. One day it was so bad that the tires squealed a little when it did it! WTH is that about? I am a very rational, sensible driver, I do not squeal my tires!) It will also "Jump" when I am parallel parking and go from reverse to drive. Not good when you are already in a tight space.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	5415
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9.jpg   8.jpg  

Not sure about your display.
    As for the 'jump'...I was very surprised at how sensitive the gas pedal is. Really the weight of my big toe is all I use to accelerate calmly...if you depress the accelerator any deeper than 1cm, it will launch the rpm's. You need to develop a delicate touch. (Same as if you switch cars to someone's with really touchy brakes)....as for parallel parking, the transmission has a split second delay switching from park to N to reverse (in any order)...so keep your foot on the brake for a split second longer than you think, and then let off slowly. You can actually hear and feel the delay in the gear change.
    Just takes time to adjust to the sensitivity. Car is a beast, and fast, and yes, can squeal the tires easily if you accelerate too quick.

Hmmm. My XC doesn't lurch at all with the accelerator. I think these cars have flyby wire for the accelerator. My car has no delay in the shifting from P to N,R or D. My XC can't squeal tires as the AWD kicks in before that happens.

2001 V70 XC