Thread: XC Roll Call!

2006 Volvo XC70 AWD
    -Cobalt
    -Lether Seating
    -Moonroof
    -Hitch
    -
    -89800 miles at purchase

This is my first Volvo and my third car. I was looking for something with more space than my 2001 Saturn SC2, I was looking for a Saturn Vue, Jeep Grand Cherokee, or Chevrolet Equinox. I test drove a Jeep grand Cherokee with had a V8 in it, which was unfortunate because I was looking for one with a V6 for better gas mileage. I drive 122 miles a day to and from work, so I needed something with better gas mileage than those other vehicles and more utility. After test driving the Jeep, I asked if there were any other vehicles I could look at, and my dealer said he had a Volvo. I decided to test drive it, and after the drive I was just impressed by how much versatility the XC70 had. I checked within 150 miles and there were only 4 of these, the one I was looking at had the best deal. So we purchased the vehicle with an additional 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. I hadn't thought about the maintenance, but I figure if it's a well built vehicle hopefully there won't be anything major I need to fix anytime soon.

What can i say though, the ride and comfort is amazing! I love the versatility and the fact it has a hitch. I wish it had a few more features like a remote starter and an auxiliary input for my iPhone. I just need to get a few things for the cargo area and for hauling stuff, and I think we'll be alright.

Just picked this up to go with the other 2006 we have. 2006 XC70 Ocean Race one owner, FSH, 97,000 miles, decent options. I wasn't sure on the Oak colored interior, but it's growing on me. However, I do love the exterior color - awesome looking blue. One thing I will be doing ASAP, is an IPD software upgrade. Drove my other '06 XC70 with the IPD ECU upgrade after driving the VOR home and noticed a huge difference in torque with the upgraded ECU. Changing out the steering wheel to an R Design wheel at the same time. The only other mod I'll do are the sway bars if I can find a R set on one of the Forums.

Last edited by ripper996; 06-09-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Been lurking forever. Bought my 06 XC70 with 70k on it about 6 months ago. Today is the first time I've made major changes to it, so I'll post some pics. Got the IPD ECU flash and picked up a set of their 17" Machine Faced Pegasus R wheels. Man they give the car an entirely new look, and the ECU flash has completely changed the way it drives.

Seems like my posts keep getting picked up by the spam filter so here we go again.. now I have 5 posts, so it should work? We'll find out.

I'm new 'round here, I've been lurking ever since I bought my XC back in December. Love the car. 06 w/ 70k on it. After 8k miles, not a single issue. My favorite car I've ever owned. I drove a S60R before I bought it, and while the R was a lot more fun to drive, I couldn't turn down the versatility of the XC.

I recently discovered the world of ECU tuning which led me to IPD, 10 minutes away from my home in Vancouver, WA. How lucky am I that these guys are just down the road? Got my stage 1 ECU flash and WOW, the car is completely different. Picked up a set of their Machine Faced 17" Pegasus wheels too, which completely change the look of the car for the better. Added a few iPd badges as well. All-in-all I just dropped about 1900 bucks into her (ECU, wheels, tires), but I think it was well worth it. Here's a few pics of her now.

Seems like my posts keep getting picked up by the spam filter so here we go again.. now I have 5 posts, so it should work? We'll find out.

I'm new 'round here, I've been lurking ever since I bought my XC back in December. Love the car. 06 w/ 70k on it. After 8k miles, not a single issue. My favorite car I've ever owned. I drove a S60R before I bought it, and while the R was a lot more fun to drive, I couldn't turn down the versatility of the XC.

I recently discovered the world of ECU tuning which led me to IPD, 10 minutes away from my home in Vancouver, WA. How lucky am I that these guys are just down the road? Got my stage 1 ECU flash and WOW, the car is completely different. Picked up a set of their Machine Faced 17" Pegasus wheels too, which completely change the look of the car for the better. Added a few iPd badges as well. All-in-all I just dropped about 1900 bucks into her (ECU, wheels, tires), but I think it was well worth it. Here's a few pics of her now.

Bought my 2001 late last year, ash gold with winter pack, 65,000 genuine miles, pick up my 02 V70XC (manual) next week. Now have 2 of them.......(it was too good a deal too miss, £800 GBP).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Default 2005 XC70 from South Africa

As per my other thread:

2005 XC70 2.5T Geartronic
    White
    Black Leather
    Heated Seats
    Sunroof
    Now on 75,000km / ~46,875miles

Not quite sure what else was options and what is standard.

Here, have some pictures.

Hi New to the Forum,
    Just Bought an '06 XC70, finally found one with a manual gearbox, looking forward to participating on the site.

Default New to Volvos...impressed so far

Picked up a 2006 Black XC70 (ex-Japan) with loads of options in immaculate condition with 87,000km on the clock.
    Bought it on my birthday a couple of weeks ago.

2.5T, Geartronic, heated seats etc

Just had a new head unit installed - Nakamichi NA1600
    Also just had the trip computer updated from Japanese to English

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	7273
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	7274

Quote Originally Posted by Handsomedan View Post
    Picked up a 2006 Black XC70 (ex-Japan) with loads of options in immaculate condition with 87,000km on the clock.
    Bought it on my birthday a couple of weeks ago.

2.5T, Geartronic, heated seats etc

Just had a new head unit installed - Nakamichi NA1600
    Also just had the trip computer updated from Japanese to English
    Great Find!

Let me introduce you to Tamarillo. While not exactly local, you're not alone in NZ . Still baffles me how Volvo ends up in NZ. I'm going to visit there one day.
    2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | Bad Swede | 130k miles