Default Hatch won't open

I have pulled the panel away from the hatch to access the locking mechanism. The lock goes up and down still, but there is no resistance when pulling on the handle. I recently picked up a bed frame which barely fit in the back. Don't know if this caused the lock to Jam. Any ideas? I still have a queen size bed frame in the car that I can't get out. lol

Default hatch

Did you ever get this fixed and the bed out?

Sounds like either one of the rods on the handle or the lock may have become disconnected. I'm guessing that the issue has been remedied by now.

Default rear latch

I have a similar problem...98 v70xc trunk is stuck closed. Can't open it from inside or outside. The rear power lock still works.

I removed the interior panel....I think the rods that are supposed to be attached are loose but I can't see how they should be configured.

A diagram/sketch or direction on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Please help asap. Thanks.

The tailgate latch on my 1998 V70 XC failed a couple of years ago. I crawled over the back seat and removed the strike on the floor by removing two Torx screws. This allowed me to open the tailgate and remove the latch mechanism. A 2 cent plastic part had failed and rendered the whole latch mechanism inoperable. Bought a new one from the dealer for about$150 IIRC.
    2010 XC70 3.2 Caper Green, PCC, BLIS, premium package, climate package.
    1998 V70XC 250K+, driven every day.
    1987 240DL wagon. Gone, but not forgotten.