Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Hard starting 2000?

As some of you may know, I have this issue pretty well solved and sell an aftermarket fuel pump check valve, a simple half hour install.

I found a new supplier and have bought a few in bulk (cheaper) so I now can pass these savings along.

The old price was $85 shipped.
    NEW PRICE, $69.95 shipped ($15.05 savings)

This WILL solve your problem

Scott
    -2000 V70XC 83K Miles

That's for cars, this is for HELP

Tell me more. How does one tell whether it's dirty injectors, the check valve, or something else? Our 2000 XC with 123,000 is harder to start than I'd like but, hey, it's 10 years old...it takes a couple seconds to start but hasn't failed yet. Just did the 120K service and it didn't help.

johng

If it cranks and cranks, then finally fires, (and runs fine after that) the odds are 95% that you need one of my check valves.
    The other alternative would be spending $1400 on a new fuel pump (installed).
    I don't know why, it's a MY 2000 thing, but it's fixed every single car (but one, he has another issue) that these have been installed on.
    I have one on my wife's 2000R for 3 years now, no problems!
    If it were an injector issue, it would not continue to run smoothly after it finally fires

I'll chime in. Had the same hard-start problem. Check valve fixed it! JRL knows what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    As some of you may know, I have this issue pretty well solved and sell an aftermarket fuel pump check valve, a simple half hour install.

I found a new supplier and have bought a few in bulk (cheaper) so I now can pass these savings along.

The old price was $85 shipped.
    NEW PRICE, $69.95 shipped ($15.05 savings)

This WILL solve your problem
    Another suggestion is to check your coil packs and lines leading to the coil pack.. 11 year old cars often require new lines which are not on the traditional replacement list.

Quote Originally Posted by andre123 View Post
    Another suggestion is to check your coil packs and lines leading to the coil pack.. 11 year old cars often require new lines which are not on the traditional replacement list.
    Doubtful
    If that were the case the car would not run smoothly for the rest of the day

I don't own a 2000, but it would make sense to me that if the check valve is shot,
    then waiting a few seconds for the pump to refill the empty line and bring the
    fuel rail pressure back up should help pinpoint a starting problem.

So, something as simple as counting to ten between the key's run position
    and actually turning to the start postion may help answer this question.

'98 " Last of the Good Ones!" V70 R
    Upsolute ECU - E-Codes/SilverStars - ArcticGrade Oil Lines - HD SkidPlate - Spoiler - XC Grill -

Why make it so hard? Usually we have fuel pressure check port on the fuel injectors rails.Simply buy a fuel pressure gauge and test the pressure during operation(3 atmospheres) and then turn off the engine and the pressure should be (1 atmospheres).Leave the gauge on the car and inspect the car after a few hours- if the pressure is still close to 1(atmospheres) your problem is somewhere else.If the pressure drops significantly-leaking valve or leaking injector. Remove the fuel rail but do not disconnect fuel lines.turn the key few times to "2" position- so the system pressure would be back to normal and inspect the injectors-any drops form them -don`t even bother to clean them, just by one or the whole set used from ebay or junk yard ($250 per new one from dealer)and add Lucas injector cleaner-your problem fixed.If the pressure dropped but the injectors dry- contact JRL.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast