Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi there,
    It looks like I have the same problem with the water leak like you had. How did you fix it? I have no idea what's wrong..where the water is coming from.. Could you please let me know. I have V70 2006 but the parts look the same. Thanks. Filip

Default Update- water in cabin air filter

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedfilip View Post
    Hi there,
    It looks like I have the same problem with the water leak like you had. How did you fix it? I have no idea what's wrong..where the water is coming from.. Could you please let me know. I have V70 2006 but the parts look the same. Thanks. Filip

Sorry for the late update. What I found on my wifes 2007 XC90 was the condensate drain line was clogged and backing up into the cabin air filter housing. On her model the drain line runs through the center console and into the DRIVERS SIDE floor. I lifted the drivers side mat and disconnected the hose I could visually see debris blockage at the connection. Blow the lines clear. Haven't had any water since. At first, I didn't believe this was the problem because I saw condensate dripping when she had the air on. It's worth a look for anyone having this problem, didn't cost anything and no tools are required. Good luck.
    Last edited by MPL305; 11-26-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Sorry for the late update. What I found on my wifes 2007 XC90 was the condensate drain line was clogged and backing up into the cabin air filter housing. On her model the drain line runs through the center console and into the DRIVERS SIDE floor. I lifted the drivers side mat and disconnected the hose I could visually see debris blockage at the connection. Blow the lines clear. Haven't had any water since. At first, I didn't believe this was the problem because I saw condensate dripping when she had the air on. It's worth a look for anyone having this problem, didn't cost anything and no tools are required. Good luck.
    Last edited by MPL305; 11-26-2014 at 10:56 AM.

did you ever figure this out

I sure haven't figured this water leakage on the passenger side of my wife's 07' XC90. I do know for sure that the water puddle exist after I go through a car wash. Rain and storm doesn't do it, just drive through car wash facility. I can repeat this every single time. I cleaned out the sunroof drain like other suggested. I also cleaned out the drain plug from condensation spout on the driver side from running the A/C. I also checked and tested the cowl under inside the engine compartment near the windshield by pouring water around it the cowl housing etc.

I'm baffle at this time and I refuse to pay the stealership to fix this since I have a few bad experience with the local Volvo dealership recently. For now, I just have the shop-vac handy after I go through a automated car washes.

Jay

Jay,
    Hope you are still a Volvo owner. Did you ever find the source of the leaking water behind the glove box area and in the fan housing of the XC90? I have not seen anyone's feedback as to what resolved the problem. I checked the Sunroof issue and also covered the fan housing behind the windshield.
    Has anyone found a fix?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12