Default DIY Sway bar end?

I can see the broken part where the vertical sway bar link attaches to the top of the strut.
    Is this an easy DIY? Any special tools to pop off the old and on the new end?

May just take it to the local tire shop due to time issues.

easy DIY,

just jack up the car to take the load off of the side you are replacing.
    John, '01 V70 T5
    '04 V70 2.5T

just jack up the car to take the load off of the side you are replacing
    Then the sway bar link becomes loaded (the bar twists remember?). The opposite side will be loaded up, and the side you want to replace becomes loaded down. You'd be better off to raise and block the whole front end.....then the sway bar is unloaded.

Dave.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Then the sway bar link becomes loaded (the bar twists remember?). The opposite side will be loaded up, and the side you want to replace becomes loaded down. You'd be better off to raise and block the whole front end.....then the sway bar is unloaded.

Dave.
    Dave, that makes sense.

Man you learn something new every day. Cheers
    John, '01 V70 T5
    '04 V70 2.5T

Only trick is the nut on the top ball joint on the sway bar end. The new non OEM ones gives very little clearance to stick an open end wrench in. A socket won't work in the beginning because you need to hold the center still.

I use the original old nut from the Volvo sway bar ends and that nut is really tall and easier to get a open end on.
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

I wound up taking it to the local tire chain for lack of time - they put in a Moog link kit for less than $200 out the door with lifetime warranty. Obvious improvement; I will still change the spring seats when I get to them.

Thanks for the info anyway!