Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think I wouldn't mind a little flashy blue, but the 06 Ocean Race sold....I've struck a deal for the black one which is an 07 with fewer miles (34k), cpo warranty, and less money. I think I'll like the peace of mind of the cpo for 3 more years or 100k miles.....more than enjoying the ocean race blue.
    Thanks for the opinions.
    Paul

JayPinNC....I'm in New Bern, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Chenango21 View Post
    I think I wouldn't mind a little flashy blue, but the 06 Ocean Race sold....I've struck a deal for the black one which is an 07 with fewer miles (34k), cpo warranty, and less money. I think I'll like the peace of mind of the cpo for 3 more years or 100k miles.....more than enjoying the ocean race blue.
    Thanks for the opinions.
    Paul

JayPinNC....I'm in New Bern, NC
    Does the black one have tinted windows - ignore what the law says and get them tinted and save your interior - maybe make friends at a local indy shop that is also a certified NC inspection station - they might be willing to look the other way when it comes to your tint if you give them enough business.
    I'm applying my hard-earned (more like bought) knowledge to a 2004 XC90 2.5T.
    Read about my adventures at http://volvoxc90site.com

JayPinNC,
    I picked up the xc70 in Charleston yesterday and drove back to NC. Having never driven an xc70 for any length ot time (a few test drives only).....all my expectations were exceeded! The trip computer said I averaged 28.1mpg...sounds high...will need to check it out the old fashioned way.

Re tinted windows: the seller says it has factory tints....I haven't yet looked at the paperwork or really examined the degree of tint....will check it out more carefully today. Do you or anyone know about what kind of tint Volvo put on it....was it part of an option package?
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
    Willy, don't let your neighbors know you speak french!
    Being a good Belgian citizen, I speak Flemish, French, German and a bit of English
    Im curious about the tinted windows, are they forbidden in some regions/states/countries? And if so, why?
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Willy,
    It is my understanding that many states within the US limit the amount of tinting that can be applied to windows so that police or other authorities that have reason to look have the ability to see the occupants of an approached vehicle, e.g., its a good idea to know if there is a guy in the back seat holding a weapon....
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

Quote Originally Posted by BillAileo View Post
    Willy,
    It is my understanding that many states within the US limit the amount of tinting that can be applied to windows so that police or other authorities that have reason to look have the ability to see the occupants of an approached vehicle, e.g., its a good idea to know if there is a guy in the back seat holding a weapon....
    Actually nost states allow full dark from the B pillar back, it's the front side glass that each state has different laws.
    But.. wagons and SUVs, they're usually allowed very dark rear tint.

Probably buying the black was a wise decision.
    If you didn't care all that much about "must owning" an Ocean Blue, the newer the vehicle with a warranty is always preferred

I'm surprised you haven't linked this yet Ocean Racer...

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=119082

He took some good pics of his car that really show how awesome the color is! I say buy it!

'05 XC70
    -Pioneer Avic F700bt headunit
    -12 inch Alpine Type R Sub
    -Flat Black Pegs
    -Custom Tinted Windows
    -Custom Mesh Grille
    -OBX Catback Exhaust
    -IPD Silicone Hoses

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12