Thread: ABS funny noise

Default ABS funny noise

V70XC 2002
    At low speed (10 mph) when I turn right and give some throttle, my left wheel makes a funny noise and my ABS light comes on. If I'm just turning without accelerating, nothing happen. Any suggestions? thanks

You are off to the dealer or your local trusted Indy shop for a tone ring. I just replaced both of mine at the dealer because they changed the wrong one first and the Abs was still haywire after the first one went in. Budget one hour labour and 50-60 for the ring per wheel. Good luck.

Or at the least you may want to try to clean the tone ring & sensor? May be worth a shot IMHO.

I had same problem on my XC70 2001. It was the wheel sensor slightly touching the ring when turning. On my car the noise was like a heat shield vibration on the exhaust. I found wich side It was because one had rubbing marks on It (most probably It will be the outside wheel wich gets the most of the load on turning). To fix It I only installed a standard M6 washer (aprox .060inch thick) between the sensor and the knuckle to fix It. One year later and still working OK. Also check if your front wheel bearing are not getting loose as this could be the primary cause of the ring touching the sensor when turning.

Mario