Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My 01XC mirror is kaput as well for sometime now - there are threads on this, bad units from the supplier, they offer subsidized replacements [not a recall] but the Volvo mirror also houses complex electronics so you are a slave to the stealership to reprogram all of it - what a useless POS design and another reason on a long list why this is my 1st and last Volvo ever.

^^^Good point from the cost aspect. Im sure I will hate the damn thing when it breaks...

'05 XC70
    -Pioneer Avic F700bt headunit
    -12 inch Alpine Type R Sub
    -Flat Black Pegs
    -Custom Tinted Windows
    -Custom Mesh Grille
    -OBX Catback Exhaust
    -IPD Silicone Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    If it's not actually broken inside the glass and it looks OK, you may need to reset the program.

(Volvo dealer thru their computer. Not software, just an adjustment.
    Adjust it to full dark)
    The only function you can do in VIDA is read what the UEM's programmed value is: "Normal", "Light", "Dark". To change that value, you have no choice but to purchase the software from the dealer to do so. For some reason, it's not as easy as turning of your daytime-running lights (no software). Just experienced this with a 2001 T5.

You are right, I was thinking about seat heat which is an adjustment
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    You are right, I was thinking about seat heat which is an adjustment
    Yeah that's true. I'm not sure why they wouldn't let us have this adjustment. I went through the trouble of replacing the old lava-lamp style mirror glass from another good mirror and did not know that this car was set to allow more light in before going dark. Maybe i'll try putting some light tint on the mirror just for the hell of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12