Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Imported post

As my children treat the car as their taxi, they would like to see an armrest in the rear section, I have 40-20-40 so I always have moaning children. In the last year I cannot think of a time when I have needed some or part of the split up or down.

In preference, and we have no need for skis etc I would opt for the 60-40 and have the arm rest. We have a cooler box run of the aux 12v in the back so no need for the cooler seat box then.

Default Imported post

So why don't you release the centerpiece, turn it around and lock it again. There is your armrest. Then get the "Stopper & pocket,s" to fix between the 40/40. Great place for kids to store books, cd's, sweets etc.....

Bottom line: The 40/20/40 has a armrest also!

(fun with those Smiley's, right?)
    2004 XC70 D5 Mistral Green Metalic delivered on 24th february -04,
    and volvoXC.com sticker is in its place....
    XC70Viking's album

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (XC70Viking @ May 10 2004,22:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So why don&#39;t you release the centerpiece, turn it around and lock it again. There is your armrest.
    Bottom line: The 40/20/40 has a armrest also&#33;[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I can&#39;t work out turning it around, I tried it one day and made a complete mess of it, could not see how or where it locked, I have the other pocket in place and use it for medicines and maps on long journeys.

Could somebody please take a few photos of how it is done, I did not say anything to the family about it yet as I would have looked a complete failure at not being able to do it so I have stayed quite.

I know TrueBlue said it was possible once and I tried but gave up.

That&#39;s a nice avatar you have there as well.

Default Imported post

Ok, AWD*V70XC. First of all, this is on a 2004 model. I have no idea if this has been modified since earlier models. But here&#39;s how I do it:

First unlock centerpiece and lift it up. Should look like this (bottomview):

And the rod to lock the centerpiece on, should look like this:

Then turn the centerpiece around so the headrest is facing forward and up. Then you can lift it slightly up and push it backwards to lock it in place.
    Ready to be locked:

And then enjoy your armrest:

Hope you can make it work now.
    2004 XC70 D5 Mistral Green Metalic delivered on 24th february -04,
    and volvoXC.com sticker is in its place....
    XC70Viking's album

Default Imported post

I have the 40/20/40 split and use it all the time. i can fit 3 or 4 surboards on edge and still seat 4 people in comfort. It&#39;s one of the most used features and i would be really upset if it&#39;s not available on future models. Takes 3 snowboards as well, a great feature.
    XC70 2003 2.5T Geartronic, Silver; Front & rear skid, luxury pack, now sold, but what a great car.
    Now 2008 V70 T6 AWD,bluetooth, sunroof, active bixenon, 4C suspension,
    2005 Mecedes C class AMG sports upgrade

Default Imported post

XC70Viking

I was trying to rotate the lower/seat part and not the back rest, it&#39;s in and the kids just love, it so wide and chuncky.

Default Imported post

I have it on my &#39;04 as well, but have never seen it in the car since we replaced it with the integrated cooler which is great &nbsp;
    I makes the back appear to have bucket seats, and the cooler lid makes a good arm rest too. Will probably sell the car with a brand new middle back seat &nbsp;
    hope it still exists &#33;
    &nbsp; Ruby
    '04 Ruby, sand, prem pkg, tour pkg, xenon, DST, xenia wheels, OSD

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Default Imported post

Nicely detailed explanation/pictures XC70Viking. I will try it myself for those summer months without the skis. Thanks for passing it along.
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Default Imported post

Well folks,

I&#39;ve written to Volvo Customer service about the availability for the three-way split at the time of my p/u and here&#39;s the emails we traded:

&nbsp; &nbsp;Dear Volvo Customer,
    &nbsp; &nbsp;Thank you for contacting Volvo.
    &nbsp; &nbsp;The 60/40 split rear seat replaced the 40/20/40 split rear seat in
    &nbsp; &nbsp;November 2003 for Model Year 2004 XC70s.

to which I wrote back:

&nbsp; &nbsp;Please be more specific is it still available as an option (which I
    &nbsp; &nbsp;gladly would have paid extra for) or discontinued all together?

and:

&nbsp; &nbsp;Dear Ed,
    &nbsp; &nbsp;The 40/20/40 split rear seat is no longer available.
    &nbsp; &nbsp;Best Regards,
    &nbsp; &nbsp;Volvo Personal Shopper

That&#39;s the end of it&#33;
    07 XC - Ruby Red/Taupe/Touring, Climate & Prem. pkgs

Default Imported post

Surprisingly, the 40/20/40 configuration is still available as an option on Canadian market, part of the Premium Package:
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Build your Volvo @ Volvo Canada Website)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Premium Package &#036;1,900.00
    • Simulated Wood Inlays
    • Power Passenger Seat
    40 / 20 / 40 - Split Rear Seat
    • Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
    • Homelink[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Humm...
    Raynald
    Former owner of a 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue
    Sept 2003 - April 2007
    « Sold » with 167,427 km on the clock, to my stepson...
    Still proudly showing volvoXC.com Sticker for posterity !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12