Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    There are other things to check but first try it on MANUAL adjustment, do not use "auto" and report back
    I drove it home with the temp set cold and the main vents on ("Auto" LED off) and it stayed cold the whole way. My commute is only 15 minutes, but I am pretty sure that's longer than the cold ever blew when using the "Auto" setting.

What's the difference (briefly) between the auto and manual settings? Does the A/C just maintain the temp in auto using the sensor in the dashboard and the manual pump out a constant temp/cooling regardless of the temp in the car?

My wife's convinced the car is low on freon, and we never use the auto setting. Cold air pumps out then seems to send less cool air out once the cabin feels like it's cooled off.
    I'm applying my hard-earned (more like bought) knowledge to a 2004 XC90 2.5T.
    Read about my adventures at http://volvoxc90site.com

Quote Originally Posted by JayPinNC View Post
    Cold air pumps out then seems to send less cool air out once the cabin feels like it's cooled off.
    Well, what auto temp do you use? Bear in mind that the auto temp is never the same as direct sunlight temp. For me, 78-80 is a pretty comfortable temp but in the car with direct sunlight through the windshield I'll need the temp set to 74 to feel comfortable. With the auto temp it's always going to begin icy to drop the temp as fast as possible and then equilibrate to whatever setting you've chosen. If you want cooler just select cooler on the dial.

My experience with "Auto" is similar to that of JayPinNC, but as I mentioned above, turning the temp way down low didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by sjonnie View Post
    Well, what auto temp do you use? Bear in mind that the auto temp is never the same as direct sunlight temp. For me, 78-80 is a pretty comfortable temp but in the car with direct sunlight through the windshield I'll need the temp set to 74 to feel comfortable. With the auto temp it's always going to begin icy to drop the temp as fast as possible and then equilibrate to whatever setting you've chosen. If you want cooler just select cooler on the dial.
    I rarely use auto, but when I do, I set it as cool as it will go. I usually just set it to manual and as cool as possible.

It's a thermostat, so I see it similar to my house....except the fan runs in the car even if the compressor isn't engaged.

Also - my metal strip inside the temp panel is covered with dust...I'm guess that can be an issue.
    I'm applying my hard-earned (more like bought) knowledge to a 2004 XC90 2.5T.
    Read about my adventures at http://volvoxc90site.com

Quote Originally Posted by sjonnie View Post
    Nice. For $50 you can get your own A/C manifold and a can of Freon and do the whole job yourself. The only thing that's special about the dealer service is the extra $100 you get to part with.
    Yes, but for a climate control calibration you need to hook car to VADIS. No?

If anyone has a clue. My passenger side in my ac will not get cold. I just added freon today. Help.

Why would you do that if the other side is cold???????

Why would you do that if the other side is cold???????
    He didn't say it was cold.

Dave.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

The driver side is cold. But the passenger is hot. I figured it was a freon issue. It blows iced cold and at times it cuts off.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast