Default Random Questions

Ok, so im not a newb to cars, or auto related forums. I am a newb to Volvos though.
    Heres a little history. My wife has been driving Volvos for the last 15 years. In 2006 we bought her her dream car, a Polar White 03 XC70. The car has been very reliable and it's really grown on me. Well, i bought the car form her a month or so ago and its got a couple issues i'm not sure how to deal with.

Issue 1. Drivers side mirror goes to the all the way "up" position after i unlock and open the drivers door. When I hit the memory button it still doesnt return to the preset position. The only way to get it back to a useable angle is to manually do it with the window control. Any idea what causes this problem and how to rectify it?

Issue 2. At roughly the same time I noticed the mirror problem the SRS Srvice Urgent light came on and is still on. Is there any possibility these 2 problems are related and from what i've read, a trip to the dealer is the only way to shut off that light?

Issue 3. Drivers side rear door speaker crackles and sounds "blown." Can anyone tell me what size speakers are in the door and does anyone have a recommendation on replacements?
    Besides these 3 relatively minor problems I love the car. It has over 150k miles on it and still runs/looks brand new and I intend on keeping it for as long as it keeps running/driving the way it does now.

Thanks for any input and putting up with my newb questions.

Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post

Issue 1. Drivers side mirror goes to the all the way "up" position after i unlock and open the drivers door. When I hit the memory button it still doesnt return to the preset position. The only way to get it back to a useable angle is to manually do it with the window control. Any idea what causes this problem and how to rectify it?

ODD, SOUNDS LIKE A SOFTWARE ISSUE

Issue 2. At roughly the same time I noticed the mirror problem the SRS Srvice Urgent light came on and is still on. Is there any possibility these 2 problems are related and from what i've read, a trip to the dealer is the only way to shut off that light?

SHOULDN'T BE BUT YES, DEALER HAS TO TURN IT OFF. WHILE THERE THEY NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT CAUSING IT (READ CODES) OR IT WILL JUST COME BACK ON

Issue 3. Drivers side rear door speaker crackles and sounds "blown." Can anyone tell me what size speakers are in the door and does anyone have a recommendation on replacements?

THERE ARE NO AFTERMARKET SPEAKER THAT BOLT UP THAT FIT, YOU NEED A VOLVO SPEAKER

Hi!

Enjoy you time here and please don't mind that JRL likes bold and CAPS TOGETHER!

Dann
    MY05 XC70: +4C+DSTC +Premium Pkg +Zimmerman Coated+Ceramic +General UHP+Rims +IPD Solid Strut Conv. +IPD Poly Mounts +IPD HD TCV +IPD HDCoils

Quote Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
    Hi!

Enjoy you time here and please don't mind that JRL likes bold and CAPS TOGETHER!

Dann
    That doesnt bother me at all. I come from a 4x4 offroading background and a lot of the posters on forums like Pirate 4x4, can barely spell, nevermind figure out how to use caps locks or bold print

Ok, so for more clarification on the speakers; are 04-07 different than previous model XC70's? I had looked on ebay and all the speakers shown were listed as 04-07. So there is no way to adapt any aftermarket speaker into the doors? Every XC owner is running stock door speakers? Does anyone know of a write up anywhere on fitting aftermarket speakers? Someone out there has to have done it with some success....I would think...

Anyone have a good rear door speaker for an 03 xc70 for sale?

Thanks everyone for your input

-Buck

Chilled Man has one he's parting now -
    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15624 he's reasonably close to you for shipping.

I find the stock (11 speakers in mine) rock. I'm sure someone will respond ...

I'm from the landcruiser section of pirate as well and I just read my quote and it seems that I can't spell either!
    MY05 XC70: +4C+DSTC +Premium Pkg +Zimmerman Coated+Ceramic +General UHP+Rims +IPD Solid Strut Conv. +IPD Poly Mounts +IPD HD TCV +IPD HDCoils

Quote Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
    Chilled Man has one he's parting now -
    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15624 he's reasonably close to you for shipping.

I find the stock (11 speakers in mine) rock. I'm sure someone will respond ...

I'm from the landcruiser section of pirate as well and I just read my quote and it seems that I can't spell either!
    I posted in CHilled Man's thread but i never got a response.

I saw he was back earlier today in another thread (something about laptop issues) - see the last page of "What did you do to your XC this week".