Default Thinking of switching my V70 XC for an XC90 T6

Our local Subaru dealer has just traded a nice looking XC90 and are happy to give it to me for their trade in price which is about $5k below what would be normal retail here in NZ. I am interested and am thinking of switching my 2002 V70XC for it (a 2003 XC90 T6) ................. but have just been reading about the transmission problems the T6 variant has.

Given that I have not had my 70 for long and already had an alternator replaced plus a full transmission rebuild (mostly covered by aftermarket warranty) I am concerned I could be "jumping from the frying pan into the fire".

The main attractions of the move are that I like the SUV style and ride height, plus modest offroad ability (but I am guessing probably not much better than the 70 if the truth was known), better 4WD system, 7 seater, more power (which will be useful for boat towing) and the particular version I am looking at is slightly better equipped than my current ride (heated seats, GSM phone, etc).

The XC90 has done 90,000km (about 55,000 miles) and had the torque converter replaced under warranty some time ago - does this mean I am safe from the transmission woes?

Has anyone else here looked into or considered making this switch? I would welcome any comments.

Cheers,
    GRANT

NOPE
    These have AWFUL transmission and the thing will fail again
    DO NOT BUY

Yeah, I would stick with the 2002 XC.

Thanks guys .. somehow I figured that would be the advice.

Have politely declined the dealers offer and might go look for a Toyota or a Jeep (or maybe an X5, as my old 530i never gave any trouble at all).

Only had the car back a couple of days and it has started "hissing" from the brake pedal and has a shimmy/vibration at certain speeds in the front - Getting fed up with Volvo - certainly not the experience I had anticipated!