Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Those with integrated booster seats in the back

So we've just started using ours, and it's pretty cool, I must say. But the area I've outlined in red is where our kid's shoes rest. It's like neoprene and carpet. How do you protect it from dirt and mud off their shoes?

Before, when I had a car seat there, it wasn't a problem, because I had a seat protecting cover underneath the carseat, which extended over the edge of the seat, so their shoes would touch that instead.

But with the integrated booster, I can't think of what I could do other than taking off her shoes each time...

09 XC70 T6 - Sold

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Our booster seats never get used since we don't have any little tykes. What about using a piece of thin gauge vinyl such as kitchen cupboard liner and attaching to the area with some HD Velcro tape? Just a thought.

Hmm... good call, I see the direction I could go. Thanks, will check that out. By HD velcro, do you mean Home Depot, or it stands for something else?
    09 XC70 T6 - Sold

Default I don't bother

They can put their feet on the back of the seat if they wanted (and have done). That would bother me more than the the inside of the booster getting dirty. When I close the booster seat I will not see it, so I don't much care about them getting that dirty.
    Then again I'm @ 90K on my '04, so you might still care while I do not. Can you trim the seat protection cover to fit under the booster and let it drape down? I mean if you are not using it for the carseat anymore, why not cannibalize it to keep protecting?

I don't do anything.
    My grandchildren's safety is important and whether or not they muddy up the car concerns me not, its just a car. I wouldn't spend another moment worrying.-Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Our booster seats never get used since we don't have any little tykes. What about using a piece of thin gauge vinyl such as kitchen cupboard liner and attaching to the area with some HD Velcro tape? Just a thought.
    HD=Heavy Duty

Talking

Gotta agree with the rest here do not worry about the dirt no biggie, but if you must you can always clean it when you clean the inside of the car
    01 XC red 183,000 Death by Cam seals.
    11 VW TDI wagon 126,000
    00 XC Silver- sold
    05 Saab 9-3 Arc Vert 5 speed 83,000
    98 Saab 900 se T- RIP 11/09
    86 Saab 900 T Ragtop- 5 speed

Thanks all. I am too much of a neat freak, though with two kids under 4, you need to lower your standards a wee bit and I'm learning to let go...

Just yesterday I found raisins INSIDE the seat belt buckle mechanism... I couldn't get them out, so I'm hoping the belt buckle will still lock no problem!

I think I'll just let it be! This is liberating! Woohoo!
    09 XC70 T6 - Sold

Hi Lotus 99.
    We sometimes, when we are in the UK, take out for the day our Neighbours kids (2 Girls) and the Booster Seat is used for one of them, however when we get back I'm just as fastidious as you by the sound of it, so I wipe the are with a damp cloth and then if there is any mud or other bits in the area I wait till it dries then attack it with the Car Vacuum Cleaner using the Brush attachment.

That works!

Thanks for pointing this out.

Our young one is too young to use the booster seat yet, but I'm glad you mentioned this. I'll have to get something to cover this.

Thanks

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast