Default Leak Detection Pump Replacement

I took my 2006 XC70 in for a CEL today, and the diagnosis was as follows:
    "Leak Detection Pump Signal Missing, Check signal through VIDA - OK at this time, connection is OK. LDP Pump internal fault."
    They said they ran a leak test, and there were no leaks, so the pump must be bad.

Dealer wants to replace LDP for $335.

Where is this pump located, and how difficult is it to replace?

Thanks

See attached pdf's. The info is for a MY2004 XC, but I don't think the setup of the leak diagnostic system is different for 2006.
    The front of the fuel tank can be reached from under the rear seats. However, I don't know if the pump is easy to remove.
    the drawing shows the front of the fuel tank, I haven't found a procedure for The removal of the leak diagnostic pump itself as yet.
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

I believe that the leak detection unit is the item designated 'pump' and shown as part #6 in the VADIS diagram above.
    Here's the replacement procedure as a follow up to Willy's PDFs.
    Service and Repair
    Leak Diagnostic Pump, Replacing

NOTE: The illustrations in this service information are used for different model years and/or models. Some variation may occur. However, the essential information in the illustrations is always correct.

Preparatory work

Removing the exhaust system (from the three-way catalytic converter (TWC) and downstream)

Remove the exhaust system (from the three-way catalytic converter (TWC) and downstream) as illustrated. Support the front section of the exhaust pipe so as not to put strain on the exhaust manifold.

Removal

Removing the heat deflector plate

Remove:
    • left rear wheel
    • the rear plastic nut for the plastic fender liner.
    Drill out the two blind rivets holding the heat deflector plate at the rear sub-frame mounting and the third rivet on the rear bracket for the exhaust system. Use a 5 mm drill bit.

Remove the plastic nuts and the heat deflector plate.

Removing the leak diagnostic pump

Remove:

• the hose clamp (1)
    • the connector (2).
    Pull the pump from the mounting.

Remove:

• the hose clamp
    • the pump.
    Transferring components

Remove:
    • the three screws for the bracket
    • the bracket.
    Install the new pump:
    • the bracket
    • the three screws for the bracket.
    Installation

NOTE:
    • To ensure that there is no exhaust leakage, see: Flanged joint, assembling.
    • For tightening torques, see: Tightening torque.
    Installing the leak diagnostic pump

Install:

• the pump
    • the hose clamp.
    Install:

• the pump in its mounting
    • the hose clamp (1)
    • the connector (2).
    Installing the heat deflector plate

Install:

• the heat deflector plate and the plastic nuts
    • the pop rivets. Install one rivet at the bracket for the exhaust system and two rivets on the rear mounting for the sub-frame
    • the left rear wheel. See: Installing wheels.
    Finishing

Installing the exhaust system

Install:

Hello Art,
    I noticed the instructions for cars equiped with a carbon filter, but I didn't think this was common equipment.
    Is it market dependant? Probably so, since I notice that the Vadis instructions are for US en CND cars.
    But I didn't notice that item 6 is the leak detection unit
    The procedure seems to include some work, perhaps justifying the asking price.
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Default 2007 XC-90 Leak Detction Pump

Can anyone tell me where the leak detction pump is on this vehicle? The Volvo dealer mechanic says it is leaking oil ( "Leak Detection Pump Leaking Oil Into Engine And Belt Area") and wants $706 to replace it. Does this make sence?
    Thanks.

Not the same one as this thread. This thread was talking about the one related to the fuel/emission system. The only pump related to what you mention would be the oil pump, possibly? I would interpret your diagnosis more likely to read "Leak Detection - Pump Leaking Oil Into Engine And Belt Area". But again, there isn't a pump located in that area which would do this. I would ask more questions about their diagnosis, like was there a CEL or code stored by the ECU and if so, which one? Sorry I'm not much help, but I've done enough timing belts to know that there's just not a pump in that area.

EDIT - Sorry, saw that you have an XC90 not a XC70. Most likely related to your oil pump. If they are replacing it for under $800, that seems like a fair price. I would also replace the timing belt or at the least clean the oil off it while they are in there.
    2006 XC70 - New to me in '08
    2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L - Leasing until July 2016. Contact me at anytime if you want to buy.

RIP
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Loved it, but didn't fit our growing family.
    1995 850 GLT Wagon - Just shy of 300k miles
    1994 Chevrolet C1500 W/T - Owned for 15 years, still miss it

Drivers side rear, look around and up near the rear shock mount, above the rear axle, look for the square box vent its next to it, not easy to see or to get at.

Can anyone tell me if this leak detection pump is in the same place in a 2009 xc70? Ive searched through the 2008+ threads for xc70 and havent found anything thank in advance !

Not a bad price, especially for a dealer. Test has to be run again, after the new LDP is installed so it all does take some time
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)