View Poll Results: Poll: Are you happy with your 2001-2007 XC70?

Voters
369. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’ve not had any trouble (with my XC), I am very happy.

94 25.47%
  • I’ve had only little trouble, I am happy.

126 34.15%
  • I’ve had some problems but I’m still happy (I mean it).

97 26.29%
  • I’ve had some problems but I’m still happy (This poll is anonymous: to be honest I’m not happy).

26 7.05%
  • I have quite some problems and I am not happy (I wish I had not bought this car).

19 5.15%
  • I have had many problems (and of course I whish I had not bought this car).

7 1.90%
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Default Poll: Are you happy with your 2001-2007 XC70?

Here a poll about how happy or unhappy you are with your (current) 2001-2007 XC.

It doesn't matter how long you have had your car, it's just to get a feel for who is reading this and what you think about your 2001-2007 XC.

I will admit, I have a love/hate relationship with my XC:

I hate it when we're on a road trip and have to call a towing company for a flat-bed again... or when I'm looking for an open garage in the middle of nowhere on a weekend just because there is such a strange noise or I lost all engine power or several alarming lights are on on the dash...

I love it when I'm on the road, kids in their seats, it feels like an army tank and is probably almost as protective in today's jungle.
    I love it when I drive during a snowstorm or just after and it feels like there is NO snow on the road and I climb any hill without snow tires or chains.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Mike_v; 11-26-2009 at 01:53 PM.

i have had my XC for 2.5 years, and the problems don't even begin to overshadow the amazingness of this car. the little things that i get to fix let me get to know my car, and the only big thing, a new transmission, left me still able to drive my car, so i dealt with it until i could get it to the dealer. this car is the best car that i could ask for right now in my life.
    2003 XC70
    BFG Mud Terrains
    IPD Aluminum Skid plate
    Curt Hitch
    Yakima Basket W/ Spare Tire Mount
    Poly Upper and Lower Motor mounts
    IPD Gauge Rings
    ETC ...........

Great car to bad tunning volvos is a crap shoot at best.

No one can make a descent tune for them.
    2012 Ford Fusion 2004 V70XC 01 V70XC -M66 1998 C70 T5-M66

The problems I have has so far have been fairly minor. MAF just after I got it at 50 some thousand Km, replaced by dealer. Sway bar end links. A few spurious check engine lights and that is about it. Currently it has an ambient temperature sensor that needs replacing.

Currently it has 154,000KM so I have put on roughly 100,000 in the past 2 1/2 yrs.

I don't really care for the cost of trips to the dealer/maintenence and do what I can myself.

I took the XC hunting again this year and continue to be impressed at what it will go through. It isn't anywhere near the off-roader my X-Terra is of course but sure is a whole magnitude above it in terms of creature comfortable.
    Colin
    Kinuso, Alberta
    Canada
    2004 XC70 25T, Ruby Red
    2002 V40 (Wife's)
    2001 Nissan X-terra
    2006 Suzuki V-Strom

I have a 2001 with 129k miles. I'm happy with the car. She has served my family very well.

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

160,000 km of trouble-free kilometers thus far. I've towed our 26-foot sailboat across the Rockies several times and regularly use it for skiing in the mountains. I'm delighted with our purchase and will be looking for a repeat performance when it is time to trade-in.

John
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

100,000Km and happy so far.

Problems
    - tie rod ends or whatever they are called due to be replaced for the second time
    - engine mount due to be replaced for the second or third time
    - radio replaced twice under warranty
    - 2 plug coils failed prematurely
    - fan controller would not shut off. Dealer screw up on fix resulted in new water pump
    - door lock not working from key fob, problem fixed itself after a couple of months

And that's it for 7 years. Anxiously awaiting some serious snow so I can try out the new Nokian WR G2 tires. Had the previous generation Nokian's and they were great. Whistler Mountain has been getting record amounts of snow so I may get a chance to play.
    02 XC Black/Taupe Premium Package, Nokian WR G2 235/60-16
    2006 Yamaha FZ6 - fulfills desire for manual shifting

I was phenomenally happy, up until the last three months where the car (a 2004) has cost me $2400 (CDN) in repairs. $1500 alone for a "body control module" because of spurious "Brake Failure" and "Engine Service Required" messages. It just ticked over the 100,000 km mark, too.
    Dr Jazz
    2010 XC70 T6, Electric Silver, Black Ventilated Leather, 4C, ABL

Only had the car for 6 months but the car is what I expected. Few things fixed under warranty. Disappointing on a 2007 car with few miles but at least it did not cost my anything.

The only thing I can complain about that can not be fixed is its creaky and my wife noticed too without me mentioning this especially the shaky arm rest with the stupid cup holder build into it.

Overall yes but these cars eat bulbs like someone with halitosis eats tic tacs
    2001 XC Java
    1994 Dodge Dakota 4WD 5 speed 305,000 RIP
    2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 crew cab

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast