Default '08 All Weather Mats

Winter will be here soon and I'd like to get some weatherproof mats for my wife's 2008 XC70. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA.

I purchased the Volvo rubber mats for my 2008 XC70. They stay in place since they snap down onto the same tabs that hold the regular carpet mats. They were a godsend the last two winters - especially last year in Chicago. Our first snow arrived December 1 and we had new snow and/or snow on the ground pretty much continuously through March. Well worth the money.
    dlmielke

Big thumbs up to the Volvo ones too from me! High sides on them so water won't run out. We got the rubber one for the trunk too, and it's smartly built, there's a crease half way, so you can still lift the rear trunk floor to access the secret compartment. They weren't crazy expensive either from what I recall. Weathertech I looked at for my other car were double the cost!
    09 XC70 T6 - Sold

Volvo's winter mats have always been one of the things that they do extremely well. I have a set waiting to be unwraped in the next week or two for the '09 that we negotiated for as part of the car purchase. I think that the quality of the stock carpet floor mats has been downgraded with each XC we had, with the '09 being pretty chintzy compared to say the '98's, but the rubber mats seem to be getting better over the years. I just saw a Volvo flier that was pushing purchase of various Volvo accessories with cash back from Volvo, and the winter mats were on the list. Not a big deal, but something like $15. back by mail. Check Volvo's web site, although I had something that arrived by mail. Offers were good until something like February.
    Mike
    ----------------
    '09 XC70 T6
    '07 XC70
    '98 V70M
    '98 S70 T5M
    '95 855T
    '84 MB 380SL

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
    Big thumbs up to the Volvo ones too from me! High sides on them so water won't run out. We got the rubber one for the trunk too, and it's smartly built, there's a crease half way, so you can still lift the rear trunk floor to access the secret compartment. They weren't crazy expensive either from what I recall. Weathertech I looked at for my other car were double the cost!
    Didn't realize the cargo area mat still allowed access to the secret compartment. Well, now I may order one! Has to beat the doormat from Home Depot that I toss back there for dirty sports shoes/equipment.
    dlmielke

Just got the all weather mats for my wifes car and they're nice. The backfloor mats don't fit perfectly though. I got them from a dealer in CT.

Quote Originally Posted by PRSguy View Post
    Just got the all weather mats for my wifes car and they're nice. The backfloor mats don't fit perfectly though. I got them from a dealer in CT.
    That's odd, ours fit perfect. You sure you got the right ones? We even got the piece that goes over the center hump in the back, so that's covered too in case anyone sits in the middle rear seat.
    09 XC70 T6 - Sold