Thumbs up Edmonton & Area (AB, Canada) - Volvo Meet, October 26th

I hope you guys don't mind the post, I'm sure I've got the correct section.

First of all, I don't own an XC! However, it's on my list of vehicles to own, especially after my recent trip to Banff... I saw more Volvos (mainly XC70/90s on the road than I did any other car....); make's me ponder that they are much more than good looks...

Anyway, I own an '81 242. In the pass, I've also owned a 245, 850 and a 480 (most probably haven't heard of it?). I currently organize monthly Volvo meets for local owners and enthusiasts in and around the Edmonton area. We mainly get RWD stuff to the meets and I'd love to introduce some newer Volvo models. For anyone that is interested, the details of the next meet are;

Monday 26th October (Always the last Monday of every month)

Ikea - South Edmonton Common (SW section of parking lot, #10)

@ 7.00pm

General chit-chat meeting; check out each other's cars.

If the weather is bad, we'll sit in the upstairs restaurant. However, note food service stops at 8pm.

Have a browse around Ikea while your there!

All year and model of Volvos welcome! We love to have a nice selection, from stock to modified!

Feel free to check out the website;

www.VOEE.ca

If anyone from here is interested let me know.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Welcome to the site Darren and congrats on the new website! We're a pretty relaxed group here so I'm sure you don’t have anything to worry about.

I'm a little over an hour or so away from the south end of our fair capital so I'll endeavor to make it out to one of the meets next year, perhaps in the spring. Hopefully, this thread will encourage some the Edmonton XC70 forum members to show up with their rides.

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Smile Edmonton Group

Intriguing idea. I might join Art in a drive up to the Capital once spring/summer returns. For the next few months the ski hills need my undivided attention.

John
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Thanks for the interest guys, and off course for moving this topic to site wide news.

Another one bits the dust and it looks like the weather held out for us last night!

Nice meet with 9 Volvos in total including several new comers!

Clickity click here for pictures!

Now, will it or won't it snow next month? The show must go on!