Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tell your story

Hello, just posting to post. I feel like my other posts aren't showing up and wondered if I needed to post here 1st? 2007 xc90 L6 3.2.

We bought the XC90 because my wife wanted it! I'm a long time Volvo owner, maintain them myself, and have had many >200k miles. When we moved to the Midwest snow belt, I told her I would get a 4WD. I was thinking XC70, but she wanted the bigger XC90. We are now about 2 1/2 years into our 2005 V8, and I have mixed feelings. When it all works, I love driving it, especially on long trips. But I've spent more to keep this car running than I have on any other car. If it wasn't for the aftermarket warranty I bought with the car, I would be in rough shape. In 30 months, it's had a new steering rack, power steering pump, transmission, and several sets of front control arms. And it still doesn't drive how it should - suspension issue I can't figure out. But like I said, when it all works, it's a sweet ride! Would I buy again? For my wife, yes; for me, I might get an XC70 when my 850 finally dies, or I might go retro, back to a 240 again. We'll see!

Hi! New on the forum, have had my 2007 XC90 3.2L AWD for about 6 years. BD (Before Divorce) my husband managed all vehicles and they were maintained and repaired by dropping them off somewhere.

Nowadays, when something happens I'm learning about the cause and how to repair or replace myself. So far, so good! Not only am I saving money, I also find it really satisfying to be so hands on. Current issues I'm working through include a rear wiper arm that will not work, sunroof operation was intermittent now not functioning, fuel door latch spring missing, and the driver side panel that holds the seat adjustment is cracked. Thus far, I've ordered a replacement part for fuel door, found a replacement panel and have it on order, checked the appropriate fuses for rear wiper and sunroof. Fuses all good, so looks like I will be learning more about the rear wiper and sunroof switch!

One rookie mistake to avoid when replacing the plastic trim piece housing the power seat control buttons: You'll have to unplug the wire harness going from the seat switches to the Power Seat Controller (located under drivers seat) temporarily. You want to have the car battery disconnected while doing this, so that an error is not generated in the Power Seat Controller. Get it all buttoned up before reconnecting the battery.

This precaution is needed for any repairs involving electronics that are always "on", such as powered tailgate, or driver's door lock / key fob receiver. Or, if you start the engine up part way thru a repair, make sure everything electrical is plugged back in first. On startup, hundreds of electronic circuits are checked. I once took out the rear seat, and the fact that the seat belts were unplugged during a short drive, it deposited a "SRS code" in memory, one that I had to pay the dealer to clear before I could sell the car.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345