View Poll Results: Are you the original or subsequent owner?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purchased new

36 44.44%
  • Second owner

39 48.15%
  • Third+ owner

6 7.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are you the original owner?

Wow, it's been 6 years since we bought our 04 XC, and it still seems new to us. It has one teeny, tiny door ding that is hard to see. Oh, yeah, it got hit head-on by a drunk, but the repair work was excellent and I got new head lights (which I covered with clear bra and they're perfect a year later).

Anyway, a lot of the people I used to see on this board years ago have disappeared, and lots of new people are showing up, presumably as second+ owners. Do you care to participate in a poll to show our cross section nowadays?
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

I am third - fourth owner on all my cars .

there usually pretty beat when I get them but that shows in what I pay for them
    2012 Ford Fusion 2004 V70XC 01 V70XC -M66 1998 C70 T5-M66

3rd owner

I purchased my car from a minister. He purchased it after the original owner's lease was up. My wife said she had a good feeling after we looked at it.. huh.. the minister couldnt lie! I love my car... plan to keep it a long while then pass it down to the kids!

I got mine from a dealer but I found out about the previous owner because she left a credit card in the little card pocket in the glove compartment.

I tracked her down via an internet search and let her know what had happened to her card. We chatted a little bit about the car and I found that she had looked after it very well, liked it a lot but did not care for the cost of maintenance.

I have put about 90,000Km on it so far and am also liking it a lot. Like the previous owner I'm not thrilled by some of the maintenance either but can do a lot of it myself.
    Last edited by colin; 09-18-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: syntax
    Colin
    Kinuso, Alberta
    Canada
    2004 XC70 25T, Ruby Red
    2002 V40 (Wife's)
    2001 Nissan X-terra
    2006 Suzuki V-Strom

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichXC View Post
    3rd owner. I purchased my car from a minister.
    Let me guess. He only used it to go to church on Sunday. Hahahahaha.

(Just kiddin')

Jules

I am owner 2.5 How can the be, you ask? Well, like IpswichXC, I purchased the car from a Pastor who only used the car to go to church on Sunday. Seriously. The original owner had it from Mar '05 until the summer of '08. It sat on the lot for 3 months before my friend (the Pastor) bought it last October. As much as he loved the car, he only put on 2,500 kms in the 11 months he had it. (He also had a Chevy Calalier that got all the mileage.)

This past Aug, my No.2 son got married, and my friend came down from Edmonton to perform the ceremony. They needed a bigger vehicle to haul there teenage family without fear of dings and scratches. We wanted a newer AWD for my wife to drive the mountain passes in winter. Without foreknowledge of each other's situation, and within 30 minutes of meeting at the hotel, they fell in love with our old '95 Suburban (mostly because it was in good condition and was cavernous inside) and we fell in love with the Volvo (for obvious reasons). A deal was struch and everyone was happy. Funny how some things in life just work out.

Cheers
    Jules

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gibbons View Post
    Wow, it's been 6 years since we bought our 04 XC, and it still seems new to us.
    Us too! Seems like yesterday day that William hooked us up with a sweat OSD deal...and my daughter was 2 years old! Now she's reading me the repair manual helping me to change the head lamp bulbs.

MDD
    '06 XC90 ORE #770, OSD, Convenience & Climate Packages
    '04 XC70, Ruby Red, Premium and Touring Packages (stock OSD) *with* Spoiler, Winged Cross bars and only room for two car seats! 36k miles and rolling
    '99 Ford Taurus, Blue/Gray, 160k

Second owner. Got it with 45K miles, now just over 110K. Still love it, but the wife, kids and dogs are hard on it. Spend more time cleaning it than I do driving it.
    2001 Volvo V70XC
    Venitian Red/Beige
    Cold Weather/Touring/Premium packages
    08/01 Build Date

I'm the original owner of my 2004. Only 48,000 miles on it so far (multiple deployments = low miles).

Was originally our family car, but now our family is bigger so we jumped to a mini-van. The XC70 is my car now (when I'm home). Kid, road and mountain bike, and canoe hauler. And pop-up camper tower.

Absolutely no mechanical problems. Hit a deer head on once and cost the insurance company $12000 to repair. But otherwise no issues.

Bought our 2004 new. Has seen 2 kids and many Cheerios and Goldfish. Car has 96,500 miles and is in the shop for tie rod ends as I type. Only a couple of small dents...until the golf ball to the hood Friday. Next week it is getting another set of Nokians...the last set of WRs lasted 60K miles.
    '04 XC70 - Ruby Red/Taupe, Premium, Touring
    '07 Chevy Silverado

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast