Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

This weekend....changed oil and filter, pumped out and refilled angle gear (Castrol Syntec 75w90), dumped trans oil and refilled.

Dave.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

Put in iPd CBV upgrade kit and installed a boost gauge for some fun.

Replaced rear left wheel bearing.
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

Quote Originally Posted by javaxc70 View Post
    Put in iPd CBV upgrade kit and installed a boost gauge for some fun.
    Did you notice any difference? i was just looking at this on Friday and wondering if it was worth it.

Back on topic, i found out that i can safely traverse water at least up to the bottom of the grille with no problems, and the AWD system is a very capable setup.
    2003 XC70
    BFG Mud Terrains
    IPD Aluminum Skid plate
    Curt Hitch
    Yakima Basket W/ Spare Tire Mount
    Poly Upper and Lower Motor mounts
    IPD Gauge Rings
    ETC ...........

It seems like the boost builds quicker than it did before the upgrade. Be warned, getting to the bottom bolt is extremely difficult and unless you have the hands of a 3 year old, you pretty much have to reach it from the bottom of the vehicle. My old cbv appeared to be worn out and possibly leaking, which was probably attributed to mileage of my vehicle. All and all I think it was a good upgrade and essential if you are trying to get to stage 0 like I am doing currently!

Replaced the transmission fluid. A Big thanks to ALL those who have done this and posted all the helpful tips on this website. Washed, Clay bared and applied another coat of Klasse sealant. Tommorow I might change the spark plugs.

Went fishing and camping in BC for a weekend. Before we started the trip we loaded the boat on top of the car and smashed the rear window out so we had a 4 hour drive with the rear window covered with plastic. There was a bit of road noise. When I got home the following day a storm hit the city I hit the curb and broke the front rim and bent the spindle. So what did my XC do last week make me write many stupid cheques.

Watched my plans for an IPD tune and 46" LCD TV go into a new sewer line from my house to the sidewalk.

On my 2005 XC70, I drained the transmission and refilled with 3.5 or so quarts of Mobil 1 Sythetic ATF. I also ran some CRC motor flush through the engine and changed the oil to Mobil 1 0W-30 along with a new filter.
    I will drain and fill the transmission several more times in the coming months to get the majority of the original fluid changed over to the Mobil 1 ATF.
    Lastly, I bought snow tires at Sam's Club. They are 225-60-16 Pacemark Snowtrakker ST/2's and I will mount and balance them in a few weeks, or sooner, depending on our NH. weather.
    This weekend I'll be doing similar work on the 2001 BMW 540.
    Winter is coming!

Al. Wise

Changed a left side rear wheel bearing (yes, you can do it without removing any of the suspension links) and my fall service. Also had the stock resonator replaced, which had lost its cover and was starting to rust thru, with a Magnaflow.

So with both the wheel bearing and resonator changed, the old thing is actually quiet to drive. Its great!

Cheers,

Bill
    Last edited by billr99; 10-28-2009 at 05:12 AM.
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff