Quote Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
    Well that's interesting. Here I thought mine was broken off. Sure could use it since the blocky rearview mirror can't be used to hang a parking tag.
    Ahhh, so that's what that plastic thing is on the side of my windshield! I guess I've had a ticket clip for the last 2 years and didn't even realize it.
    Toby
    2008 S80 T6 AWD Black Stone / Anthracite Black 85k miles
    2008 XC90 V8 Ember Black / Offblack 100k miles
    SOLD: 2005 XC70 Lava Sand / Taupe 176k miles
    Sammamish, Washington

You really didn't know what that was?
    It's quite convenient for a lot of things. I miss it on other cars
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Yah, never had one on another car before. I thought it was part of some weird GPS attachment setup, since the previous owner had a usb power cable sticking out nearby presumably for a GPS.
    Toby
    2008 S80 T6 AWD Black Stone / Anthracite Black 85k miles
    2008 XC90 V8 Ember Black / Offblack 100k miles
    SOLD: 2005 XC70 Lava Sand / Taupe 176k miles
    Sammamish, Washington

New IPD HD Coils. Jeeze, I should have done this a long time ago! My car drove flawlessly on a day to day basis. It was just when you pushed it that things went awry. In 3rd gear during a hard pull, my boost gauge would flutter wildly, up around 18psi (!!!) and the car would buck. It still accelerated ok, and only threw an overboost code and went into limp mode once- but I didn't push it that often.
    About a week or two ago I posted this problem (again) and added that whenever it displayed those symptoms, I got that strong catalytic converter smell. Jim posted back that something must be really messed up and that I was letting too much un-burnt gas through the exhaust. I thought about it and concluded that the ignition system wasn't keeping up for some reason. Ordered the new coils- solved! Now, boost still peaks around 15psi and levels off and holds around 14 until the RPM's get way up there, but it's nice and smooth. I must have a tune on this car. Very little history on it when I bought it, but it did have a fancy exhaust system, some weird badging (someone put an "R" badge on the back, with an IPD badge underneath) so I'm thinking its got an IPD tune from around 3 years ago. But no way to tell for sure, other than the fact that the thing is FAST!
    Oh, and I gave her a bath.
    Guy Welch
    2004 XC70 90K miles
    Ash Gold Metallic/Oak
    English Shepherd option installed in rear.

You should have a tune in your car, as stock XC don't boost 15psi.
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Over the weekend I replaced the front and rear brakes with Brembo rotors and Akebono pads. BYE BYE DUST! Also installed the IPD small poly engine brace bushings. Next up, beefier rear sway bar.
    Last edited by Sweet Lew; 05-21-2013 at 01:00 PM.

I put about 350 miles on the XC lol but since I've got 10 days between spring semester and summer class, I got to head to my parents house and screw around with my car (the fusion) and the expedition. On the Fusion I pulled my intake resonator and installed a high flow panel filter, really woke the thing up! Idk if you guys know much about the 3.5 V6 in fusion sports but the bottom line is the intake tube is its Achilles heel. Open that up or throw in a CAI and you're golden! So I opened mine up and boy is it happier with a bit more snap.
    The expedition had a thumping in the front end over bumps but I couldn't tell what it was without a lift so I brought it to ford to put it on the lift and turned out the front sway bar end links were trashed. Since the 05 expeditions and 05 f150's had basically the same front ends, we thought it was the integrated ball bearing control arms but thankfully those looked fantastic. Aside from that, and since the expedition is under an extended warranty until October, I got 3 new window switches because the LED's in them burnt out. Then got the power steering flushed and ordered a spare set of floor mats for my fusion. (I plan to keep the fusion for a LONG time)
    2010 Fusion Sport | Tint 70/20 | LED Lighting | OE Aluminum Pedals | Steeda Strut Tie Bar | Intake Resonator Delete | Steeda Rear Sway Bar | ...
    2014 Expedition | 4x4 | Limited | Loaded | Stock
    2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum w/ Polestar | Stock for now...

Washed, Waxed and collected parts for the summer projects. Likely never waxing this car again with all that plastic trim and crevices everywhere...what a pain.

New parts for this weekend include:
    Airbag module, proper cables to finally install my 1yr old imIV, oil change stuff

New parts on the way for a future weekend:
    Upper and lower torque mounts, poly strut bar bushings and....Bad Swede Spring kit . Yep, will be joining that club shortly...just need to find some time in the schedule to install.

First I need to get the passat tidied up a bit. I have Bilstein HDs in it and one has started leaking So that will be going under the knife to replace the leaky shock (lifetime warranty on the part) and get new sway bar links. Also will be removing the APR 91 octane tune since I'm using this car as my dog hauler/gas mileage champ and finally removed all my roof rack junk. Hoping to get 30mpgs in mixed use...currently get about 27. Pretty good for a car with as much cargo capacity as the XC.

Both Wagons will be getting tinted windows this spring.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

I had a fresh sheet of PGW glass installed to replace a badly cracked windshield. The original rain sensor gel pad was compromised so I ordered a new pre-adhered pad and sensor from Tasca. Total cost for the glass and sensor was roughly $400. Dealer quote for the sensor alone was over $200.

Art,

Quick question for you on the PGW glass. Since I just cracked my windshield last week I'm in process of searching for a replacement.
    I've gotten quotes for windshield for rain sensors equipped cars ranging from $150 to $300. And OEM for $700.
    Most of them do not have any stamping on the lower left corner like the VOLVO OEM windshield.
    Does your PGW have any?
    Also do you notice any difference in the rain sensor operation?

Thanks!!
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+